𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

CHAPTER THREE | WELCOME TO PARADISE

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

IT HAD BEEN THREE DAYS SINCE CAROLINE SNAPPED EVELYN'S NECK IN SAVANNAH. She and Enzo brought Evelyn back to Whitmore College, where they had Liv Parker place a barrier spell on one of the vacant dorm rooms available in the college. It was Alaric's idea to keep Evelyn locked up and to begin the process of attempting to get the vampire to turn her humanity back on. Evelyn was not only a danger to innocent lives but without her humanity, she was a danger to herself.

A grunt left the brunette's lips as she weakly dropped her feet onto the hardwood floor and wandered over to the door. She had hoped that maybe the spell had faltered and that she would be able to escape, but instead, she was bound into the room with no way out and no blood in sight.

Evelyn growled under her breath and then began thrashing at the magical barrier. "You can't keep me in here forever, you know that right?" The brunette's body yearned for just a sip of warm, human blood. "You're pathetic, all of you!" She screamed again.

"That's where you're wrong," Alaric stepped into view with his arms folded across his chest as he glared at the humanity-free vampire. "I can keep you in here until you decide that you're gonna co-operate, and then maybe we can work on getting the real you back."

"This is the real me, Ric. It's you bunch of idiots that aren't willing to accept that. The sooner you people get that into your heads, the better." Evelyn scoffed with a stern look in her eyes.

"No. This isn't you, at all."

The brunette vampire rolled her eyes. "Alaric, you don't even know me. But, I'm willing to play the waiting game if you are. But, believe me, I'm much better at it than you."

"Come on, Evelyn. What about Damon, huh?" Alaric spoke as the brunette's head slowly lifted at the mention of his name. "I know he wouldn't want to see you like this, and deep down, so do you. You know it would kill him to see you hurting."

"Well, it's good that he's already dead then, isn't it?" A devilish, emotionless look formed across the brunette's face. "Now, if you aren't gonna give me any blood, I suggest you get lost."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

After making it clear that she was not turning her humanity back on, Alaric called Caroline in an attempt to trigger some sort of emotion inside Evelyn. They knew that the reason Evelyn was so against turning her humanity back on was that she knew she would immediately have to face the loss of Damon and all the pain she had been suppressing since he died.

Caroline stepped toward the magical barrier with a tight-lipped smile on her face as she looked at Evelyn, whose skin had turned pale and the underneath of her eyes was a dim red color. "Hey. How're you feeling, Eve?"