𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

CHAPTER NINE | AFTER SCHOOL SPECIAL

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

AFTER THEY WORKED OUT THAT ELENA WAS SIRED TO DAMON, HE WAS SUPPOSE TO STEER CLEAR OF HER. So, she was sent back home to Mystic Falls while Damon stayed at her parents' lakehouse with Jeremy and Matt to help the new hunter grow his mark. Then, Evelyn broke down and told Stefan that Damon slept with Elena and in true Stefan fashion, he decided to go on a bender.

"You know, when you said bender, this was not what I had in mind." Evelyn glanced at Stefan as the two vampires took yet another shot of tequila.

"What were you expecting?" Stefan let a slight scoff escape his lips. "Us to be knee-deep in bodies and my humanity to be a distant memory?"

"I mean, yeah?" Evelyn awkward chuckled as she watched his cellphone vibrate from the center of the table. Caroline's caller ID and perky picture caught their eyes, and he knew he was in trouble. "Uh, oh. You're in for it now."

"Hey. You just missed the mandatory all-school assembly." Caroline's voice was more stern and irritated than concerned.

"Well, that's because Evelyn and I are at a mandatory drinking party," Stefan explained before he and the brunette pushed their glasses together before downing another shot.

"Seriously? You decide to go on a ripper bender now?" Caroline whisper-exclaimed all while Stefan rolled his eyes.

"Oh, he's not doing anything remotely Ripper-Like." Evelyn leaned forward and explained into the speaker of the phone that was pressed against Stefan's ear. "I'm on Stefan-Salvatore-Watch."

"My brother slept with Elena, kind of puts a little bit of a damper on things." Stefan shrugged immediately. It pained him to even say that Damon had slept with Elena, and it pained Evelyn to hear it.

"First of all, you're not supposed to know that, and second of all, Tyler is already spiraling and he gets priority."

After the fact that Klaus had found out that nearly all of his Hybrids were planning on killing him, Tyler's Mom had died. Though, they assumed it wasn't a coincidence. "His mother just died, what do you expect?"

"I'm his girlfriend, I expect him to talk to me. But instead, he's all angry and it doesn't help that everyone keeps referring to his mother's death as an accident which we all know is a polite way of saying that she was drunk." The Forbes vampire sighed.

"Coincidence that a big, bad Hybrid was supposed to die yesterday but instead it turned out to be Tyler's mother." Evelyn raised her eyebrow, hearing that Caroline was also suspicious that Klaus had something to do with it.

"Exactly. I don't think she drowned in her Martini glass. Just get it together, the pair of you. I can't do this alone." One last sigh left Caroline's lips before she ended the call.