𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘

CHAPTER TWENTY | WHAT LIES BENEATH

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

THANKS TO DAMON, EVELYN WOKE UP SAFELY IN THEIR BED AT THE SALVATORE HOUSE. When she rolled over onto her side to cuddle into Damon, she felt herself laying in an empty bed. She furrowed her brows, threw some clothes on, and headed downstairs where she saw Damon throwing ice cubes at Luke.

"That's not helping," Luke growled bluntly with his eyes clamped shut while he tried his best to concentrate on the spell in progress. 

"Well, you've been failing now for an hour, wonder twin. So, at this point, I can't imagine it's hurting." He responded with a sarcastic smile, then his gaze met Evelyn's. "Hey, beautiful. How'd you sleep?"

"Perfectly, all thanks to you" The brunette girl smiled thankfully, then gestured to Luke. "Do I even wanna know when you're tossing ice cubes at the poor guy, or?"

"Trying to find Enzo, but Luke can't seem to find him because his locator skills are crap," Damon grumbled, then glared at the Parker boy. "Yo, where's your sister?"

"She's tired of being almost murdered." Luke sneered back toward Damon. He finally opened his eyes and let out a sigh just as Stefan wandered into the room. "Look, I can find any person anywhere on the planet, okay? There's just something weird with your friend, Enzo. I can't get a read."

"Enzo?" Stefan repeated with widened eyes, as Damon and Evelyn glanced over to him."Didn't he—uh, go to Cape Horn?"

"He flipped his humanity switch. There should've been a body count all the way to the airport." The Salvatore spoke with a pointed tone.

"And there's nothing? Not even any cover-ups? I know the Sheriff's around these parts love nothing more than stamping animal attack on every mysterious death" Evelyn asked before Damon shook his head.

A soft hum escaped Stefan's lips as he perched himself on the edge of the couch. "Oh, why are you looking for him?"

"Gee, I don't know, Stefan. A vampire with no humanity who wants me dead for killing his girl. Hm." Damon sarcastically responded with a shrug.

"Well, maybe he hired a witch to block whatever Luke's doing." Stefan turned his head in Luke's direction. "Is that possible?"

"A cloaking spell?" Luke repeated with a hesitant nod. "I guess."

"I guess that would mean that he doesn't wanna be found. So—uh, why don't you just drop it?"

Evelyn locked eyes with the younger Salvatore brother once more, something was off with him. He was being shady, and she knew what it meant when Stefan was being shady— something must've happened, but before she could say anything, the door burst open to reveal Tyler.