Chapter 11; Texts

I woke up and looked next to me to see Niall. He had his eyes glued to his phone. "Good morning." I said while stretching. He turned to me and smiled. He pulled me close and kissed my lips. "Good morning, beautiful."

Niall and I spent the morning with meaningless conversations. As always, everything was perfect. Niall and I, the atmosphere, the smell of food coming from downstairs topped everything off.

I rolled on top of Niall and rubbed our noses together. I kissed his lips and sat up. He ran his hands up and down my waist and smiled up at me.

"What are the plans for today?" I asked, holding onto his hands. "Maybe go out and do some shopping?" Niall asked. I nodded and got up.

Niall and I parted ways to shower and get ready. After my shower, I did a bit of makeup and threw on a very simple outfit before going downstairs. When I arrived, all the boys were sat with a plate of food in front of them. I joined and quickly ate along with Niall and the boys.

After breakfast, we all helped clean. "What are you doing today, Jazz?" Liam asked as he handed me dishes to dry. "Me and Niall are going out to do some shopping. Maybe get lunch." I replied, putting the dishes away before continuing to dry more. "While your out, can you get something's from the grocery store? I'll text you the list." He asked. "Of course."

Niall and I were on our way out the door until I realized that my phone wasn't in my pocket. I turned to Niall, "I forgot my phone. I'll be back."

I ran up the stairs and to my room. I sat on my bed and pulled my phone of the nightstand. I pulled the charger out which caused my phone screen to light up. I saw two messages from a blocked number. I opened the messages, confused with who the numbers were.

"I feel liked i haven't seen you in forever. Now that I have, I need you here"

"You can't hide from me now."

"You thought things were going to get better? You thought wrong, little girl."

"Jasmine?" I heard a voice say behind me. I turned to see Niall standing by my door. I jumped and instantly locked my phone. "Yes?" I replied, putting my phone into my pocket. "Are you ready?" He asked, gesturing to the door. I nodded and followed his out to the car.

We went to a small strip mall and walked up and down for a while. I tried my hardest to forget about the messages, but it was burnt into my mind. Nothing really allowed me to get my mind off of it.

Aimlessly walking around and making jokes lead us to a small shop. I found a dress and went to try it on. I smiled and smoothed out the wrinkles before turning to the door. I opened and saw Niall, he looked at me with a smile. "You look stunning." I smiled and thanked him before returning to the room.

I took a picture and sent it to Danielle to get a second opinion. As I went to my messages I saw more from the unknown number. The same feeling I got this morning returned. The growing pit in my stomach made me want to vomit.

I opened the messages. Cringing in fear at them.

"Too scared to reply?"

"Where are you going? Who's the blond boy?"

"Is he your boyfriend?"

"Kiss him goodbye, honey. He's not going to be around when you're with me."

Just as I was about to decide to ignore the messages, another popped up onto my screen.

"You look fat in that dress."

They're here. That's all that ran through my mind. Not the fact that I look fat, or that the comment was very rude. The point is they are less that 100 feet from me. I quickly changed and put the dress back on the racks. Niall followed and frowned at me. "Not getting it?" He asked as we walked out. "Maybe later." I laughed before going back to the car.

As I put my seatbelt on I looked around, trying to find a familiar face, or even a car, to lead to the person who sent me these messages. Standing by the door was a tall man. He had a hood over his head and sun glasses on. He caught my gaze and left.

"Lunch?" Niall asked. "What?" I said, snapping out my trance. "Lunch?" Niall laughed. "No, let's go home. I need to nap." I said, trying to think of an excuse.

Niall nodded and started driving home. My eyes were looking at my surrounding. Through every mirror and window, trying to find this man.

When we arrived home I ran to my room. I didn't want to be in the room with the boys. I feel bad for not mentioning anything to them.

I laid in my room and opened my phone. No more messages appeared on my screen. I opened Twitter and tweets started flooding in.

"Fat whore."

"Niall doesn't want you."

"Go back to the foster home."

I usually ignore the mean comments. But for some reason, every little thing stuck to me. I need to relieve stress. The only thing that was glued to my mind was something I shouldn't do.

I slowly put my phone down and walked over to my desk. I opened the drawer and saw the shiny, sharp piece of silver lying in the back. I picked it up and returned to my bed.

I sat and stared. Looking down at the blade and my arm. I looked at my phone and noticed a message.

"Not only do the fans hate you, I do. Everything is your fault."

I sighed. I thought of it as smoking a cigarette, or maybe stress eating. Both are bad for you, although you refuse to stop.

Before I could even comprehend my actions, the cold blade ran across my skin. I let out a small sigh, looking at the blood peak through my skin. Satisfaction ran through my body as I made another, and another.

I nearly threw the blade across the room when I heard my door open. I hid my arm and looked over, seeing Louis coming in. "Liam told me to ask if you guys got the groceries."

"No," I quickly answered. You could hear my phone vibrate multiple times against the wood of my table, but I refused to pick it up. "Are you going to get that?" Louis asked. "No," I said. "I will!" Louis yelled.

At this point, I thought what would be worse? Him finding the cuts, or him finding the messages. My heart dropped as he looked at my phone. "Who is this?" He asked, "They're saying some pretty crazy stuff." He handed me the phone as I kept one hand tucked away. "Jasmine?" He asked, gesturing to my arm. "What is going on?" I sighed, defeated at this point. I took my arm from behind my back and showed him. "What's wrong?" He asked, taking tissues and tapping the cuts.

"The hate," I nearly sobbed. "The texts," I added. "I'm too stressed and frustrated."

Louis hugged me tight and kissed my forehead. He promised not to say a word. Although, we were both scared and had no idea what to do about the messages. I am thankful for Louis.

The rest of the night was spent away from my phone with the boys. Louis keeping all things that happen secure to him and i.