Chapter 25; Two?

Today marks the third week of my pregnancy. Which also means, it's about time for me to have a doctors appointment. This is the first one and saying I'm nervous is an understatement. I took one test, what if it was a false positive? What if something is wrong with me?

I rolled over in my bed and look at the clock. My appointment was in about 3 hours so I decided to hop up and take a shower. I stood in my body mirror and put my hands on my stomach. There rests my child, my baby. My heart swelled at the thought of the baby being in my arms.

I showered and dressed myself quickly. I ran down the stairs and was greeted by Niall, sitting down and watching television.

I sat next to him and kissed his cheek. "Good morning, babe." He smiled, hugging me in closer.

"Good morning." I said, resting my head on his shoulder.

After sitting for a while I started to feel a little hungry. So I started wiggling around and whining. Niall laughed a bit. "Want to go out and get some breakfast before the appointment, sweetheart?"

I nodded my head and slipped on some shoes before following Niall out the door.

Once we arrived at the small Cafe we sat at a table. "I hope it's a boy!" Niall nearly screamed, looking up and down the menu. I laughed and started talking about cute baby names. I pulled a napkin off the counter and a pen from my purse.

"Cute Baby Names

Boys Girls
- Carter - Cara
- James - Lynn
- Daniel - Ivy
- Allen - Sara
- Aiden. - Abigail"

Although most of these names will be left at the bottom of my purse, they were still in thought. Niall and I enjoyed an amazing breakfast before heading to my doctors.

When arriving, a bundle of nerves started to form in the pit of my stomach. My heart thumped as Niall went to check us in.

He brought back a clipboard for me to fill out. Soon, after returning the paper to the nurse, a petite nurse popped her head through the door. "Payne?" She smiled.

The nerves grew as she brought me back to the hall. Once you walk in there was a drawer. She pulled it out and checked my temperature and blood pressure.

We continued to the back and she sat us in a room. She ran a couple more tests before backing away, "All done."

She opened a cabinet and pulled out a hospital gown, dropping it in my hands. "Please dress in this and lay on the table. The doctor will knock before entering." She smiled, pulling the door open. "He will be with you shortly."

Once the door shut, I stripped and put the gown on.

Laying in Thebes brought on anxiety. My heart thumped and my mind wandered to places that I couldn't keep it from going.

Niall's hand found it way to mine, giving it a tight squeeze. His other hand laid firmly on my stomach, rubbing it. He leaned down to me and kissed my lips. "Jasmine," he whispered. "Everything is going to be perfect."

His words stuck in my head as a soft knock appeared at the door. "You ready?" You hear a muffled voice say. "Yes," Niall yelled back. He removed his hand from my stomach, but not detaching his from mine.

"Hello," he smiled. He walked in and went to the sink to start washing his hands. "I'm Dr. Ray and hopefully I'll be your doctors through your pregnancy." He laughed, reaching to put on gloves. I sat up a bit as he took a seat at the end of the table.

"Let's start by asking a couple of questions." He smiled, pulling out a clipboard from under the table.

"Any morning sickness?" He asked, writing a note. "About every other morning I will feel a bit of nausea. After eating a little it fades out."

"When was your last cycle?" He asked, looking up at me. "About 4-5 weeks ago."

He asked about five more questions before putting the clipboard back and smiling up at me.

"Ok, please lay back for me. I'm going to lift your gown up and cover your body with this sheet." He did as he said before going over to the cabinet and taking out some gel. "I'm going to put some of this on your lower stomach. This might be a little cold."

He put the gel on my stomach before turning on a machine and putting a small device to it. "And you should hear a heart beat."

The best sounded fast, as if there were two going on at once. He looked at the minister a bit confused. He swirled the stick around before raising his eyebrows. A grin plastered on his face as he looked at me and Niall. "Looks like we're having twins!"

My face fell to complete shock as I looked at Niall. He looked just as shocked.

He released his hand from mine and got out from his seat. "I cannot believe this." He laughed, holding his face in his hands.

"Obviously this is a bit of a surprise." The doctor laughed, pushing buttons to print out copies. "As it is to most parents. Although, twins are usually genetic. Are twins common in either of your families?"

Niall shook his head no. Although, I wasn't very sure if twins were common in mine. I replied with a shrug of the shoulders.

The doctor nodded before cleaning off the gel from my stomach. He handed me papers and pointed back to the screen quickly.

"This," he said pointing to a small peanut shape. "Is baby number one."

He gestured to another, straight across from it. "And this is baby number two."

He turned the monster off and stepped up. He took the clipboard with him. "After you dressed please come out to make another appointment. Then you're free to go."

"Thanks," Niall muttered. He handed he my clothes as the doctor closed the door. I dressed quickly and headed out to the desk. I made my next appointment and walked to the car.

Once we were in the car, tears started to form in my eyes. I sobbed uncontrollably as Niall tried to comfort me. "What are we going to do?" I asked as I desperately tried to wipe the tears that rolled down my cheeks.

"Baby," Niall said. "We'll me fine. We're going to raise both of these babies. We're going to me a family."

I leaned over and kissed Niall. My tears stopped as he started the car and started to drive. "Are we going over Danielle's and Liam's?" He asked, stopping at a light.

"I assume we can stop and tel them the news." I smiled, looking at the pictures. "What for dinner?" I asked, putting the ultrasound copies in my purse. Niall laughed as we pulled up to the house.

I walked up to the door and knocked before welcoming myself in. Zayn and Perrie were the only ones not around.

We sat in the living room watching a movie before I decided to bring up the appointment.

"I went to the doctor!" I smiled, pulling my purse to me. "Really?" Danielle asked with excitement.

I pulled out the ultrasound and handed it to her. Everyone gathered around and let out a "awe."

"What's that?" Harry said, pointing to the other peanut shape in the corner. "That's the second baby!" I smiled, holding Niall's hand.

"Two?" Danielle screamed in excitement before going on and on about how excited she was to have two grandchildren. I smiled at everyone as they told me a happy "congratulations."

As the night went on I was simply happy to have everything go well.