Chapter 35; Meeting Ivy & James

I️ woke up and looked around. My room was empty. I️ was super tired and wanted to roll over and sleep more, although my stomach was pounding with pain. I️ swung my legs over the side and waddled over to the bathroom.

I️ looked in the mirror I️ rubbed my swollen eyes. My bags were terrible and my hair was oily.

I️ have been very stressed for the past couple of days. James hasn't been improving. He's been in the same condition since we was born. I️ have not been able to hold my son at all and it hurts me.

Today, the boys and girls are coming up to see Ivy. I️ have told them to hold it off to see if James would improve, but since he isn't I️ told them to visit today.

Tomorrow morning is when I️ am able to leave the hospital. I'm honestly not sure if I️ want to. Although, Niall is telling me that I️ need to go home and care for Ivy.

I️ walked back out to to see Niall and Ivy sitting on the bed. I️ climbed on and kissed her head. I️ sniffles and started to cry more when I️ noticed only stroller.

"I️ want James here, Niall." I️ cry, putting my head on his shoulder. He puts Ivy back and hugs me. He kissed my forehead and pulled back. "He'll be with us soon, baby. He is going to get better very fast!" Niall said while he rubbed my back.

Soon, a nurse came in with a clipboard. She smiled and me, "I️ think Ivy is ready to eat."

I️ nodded as she handed me the baby and I️ started to feed her.

Hours later, my family showed up. They each held Ivy and whispered words at her. I️ smiled at everyone, although everything felt incomplete.

Soon, it was time for me to go home. I️ dressed in sweats and a sweater as Ivy wore a beautiful dress that Danielle picked out. As I️ was packing I️ reached in the bag and pulled out one of James' out fits. I️ sighed as Niall walked in with Ivy's stroller. We put her in the seat and walked past the window that James was in.

I️ put my hand on the window and smiled as I️ walked away. Soon, I'll be taking him home and it'll be no problem.

Once we got home I️ put Ivy in her crib as people started to arrive. People were bringing over dinner for me and Niall due to the fact we haven't been grocery shopping in forever.

We were eating with the family when Ivy started crying. I️ ran upstairs and into her room and picked her up. I️ took her down stairs and everyone cooed over her and continued eating.

After dinner, Niall and I are heading to the hospital to visit James for a couple hours. I was anxious to see my baby. I wanted to drop everything right now and go see him.

Although, dinner felt like it lasted ten years. Ally decided to stay and watch Ivy.

Immediately after dinner, Niall and I packed our things up and left. Once we arrived to the hospital, we went to the check in. We signed some papers and began our journey up to the ICU on the third floor.

Niall started to make small jokes as we walked passed the meany windows where you can see small babies attached to wires.

As we approached James' window, my heart dropped. There was an empty crib. The room was empty. I looked at Niall and started crying. Before he had a chance to comfort me, I ran to the double doors that led to the front desk. I pushed passed and pounded my hands against the desk.

"Where is my baby!?" I screamed at the small women. Niall walked up behind me and pulled me back. "Calm down," he whispered. Small sobs came out my mouth as I looked around, in hopes to see my son. Another wall of windows was across the room.

I slowly walked over and look at the rows of babies. Soon, a women came over to me and smiled. "These are all the healed babies, waiting dismissal." I nodded and sniffled. "Mrs. Horan?" I heard someone say. I turn and see a women with a roller in front of her. I walked up and see a tag on the front. "James Horan"

"He's ready." I held my hands out and picked my baby up. I held him in my arms. This is the first time I got to hold my babies.

I finally felt complete. Everything in my life perfectly pieced together as I held James. I felt Niall come behind me and hold my waist. He smiled and held his arms out to hold him.

Niall pulled the car up and brought the car seat in. We signed some papers and collected his items and put him in the car. I sat in the back with him, not wanting to leave his side.

Once we arrived home, Ally was sitting on the couch. She jumped up and saw a car seat in Niall's hand.

She took it from him and sat it down. She lifted the hood and saw James and instantly started crying. She slowly and carefully unbuckled him and held him close. She came over and leaned on me. "He's gorgeous, Jazz."

Soon ally left and James and Ivy were in bed. Niall and I laid down.

I rolled over onto him and started crying. "What's wrong?" He asked, "I'm so happy." I smiled at him.

Life was amazing. Everything felt complete. Niall was by my side and I had two beautiful children. I was ready to raise my Babies and have a great life.