Day 71

Day 71- 9:26am

I was blissfully sleeping when my phone began to ring. I groaned and lifted my head from the pillow. I wiped the sleep from my eyes and grabbed my phone.

"Hello?" I answered with a yawn.

"Millie!" I knew who it was instantly.

"Garth, hey man," I replied, sitting up.

"So do you remember Doug Reid?" Garth questioned.

"Yeah, worked a hunt with him a while back. Real nice guy," I answered. I knew where this was going...

"He's dead and apparently he wanted a big funeral," Garth added. I rolled my eyes.

"Doug always was a theatrical guy," I commented.

"I was hoping you, Sam and Dean could stop by," I could hear the hesitation in his voice.

"Sure thing, Garth. Where is it?" I asked, letting out another yawn.

"Vesper, Kansas," he replied.

"That's just an hour away," I ran my fingers through my knotted hair.

"Great, so I'll see you there tonight?" Garth questioned.

"Sure thing, Garth. See you there man."

"Bye, Millie."

"Thanks for calling. Bye, Gar' ," I replied, I set my phone down and got out of bed. I smelled awful from night before. We had attempted to make fish, but the fish somehow exploded everywhere. Crowley all but confessed, but there was certainly going to be a new rule of no demons in the kitchen while a meal is being cooked. I grabbed my towel and went to the shower room.

Day 71- 10:36am

I took a sip of my coffee before turning to my brothers. I fed Bonnie a piece of bacon under the table.

"Garth called earlier," I spoke. They both looked to me.

"Really?" Sam set down his book.

"What'd he say?" Dean questioned.

"Remember Doug Reid?" I questioned. I could see in the change in my brothers' demeanors they knew what I was going to say next. "He's gone and- uh we've been invited to the funeral."

"Where and when," Dean asked. I took another sip of my coffee.

"About an hour away, tonight," I replied. "Oh and Garth's been wanting to meet Cas."

"I've heard many good things about this Garth," Cas answered.
.
.
Day 71- 7:28pm

We rolled up to the secluded house. We had managed to convince Cas to change out of his usual attire and into something more hunter like. He had on jeans, an old t-shirt of Sam's and one of Dean's blue-grey jackets. I caught Dean drooling more than once. There were quite the amount of trucks and old cars parked everywhere. I really did not want anything to go wrong here. Our past experiences with hunters had been less than pleasant.

"First name basis so no last name, we are going to keep a low profile," Dean instructed before we made our way of the path. We slipped in with almost no one noticing. I quickly went to find a beer. I popped the cap off of took a sip.

"Hey, haven't seen you yet," a lady with dark brown hair and honey colored eyes spoke. She appeared to be bit younger than me, but she could have been older as she was smokin hot. Wait no I have a boyfriend... can't be checking people out.

"I just got here," I answered with a small smile.

"I'm Katie," she held her hand out. I shook her hand.