Day 261

Day 261
Millie's PoV

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.
I stared down and pulled my hand away from my stomach. My hand was covered in blood. My armor had been torn and caved in. I groaned and looked back up. I could feel blood running down my face. My head hurt. I could see Dean and Cas side by side trying to hold back some of the damned things. Sam was unconscious with Gabriel at his side. I stared across the large room. Bodies of angels and demons I knew littered the floor. I saw Uriel- or what was left of him. Gadreel was gargling up blood, attempting to crawl away, and only then did I pity him. Virginia was staring unblinking up at the ceiling. I watched as Liam's head was chomped off. A funny feeling settled in my chest. It was odd. I couldn't quite place it. Then it hit. Dread. This was it. This is how we were going to die. I mean I've died before but this... this was so different. I have so much to live for. I glanced around once more for Lucifer, but he was nowhere to be seen. I closed my eyes and took a breath. The loud sounds of the battle went quiet. They say your life flashes before your eyes right before you die... well that's a load of shit. Instead what you see is blurry spots in your vision and moment of thought of what could have been.

A house. White picket fence. A dog barking at a squirrel in the tree. The smell of a freshly baked pie. The radio playing AC/DC. Melting ice in a glass of lemonade. A garden of roses. Chalk art on the path. The laughter of small children. A gentle kiss on the cheek. A happy ending.

Then it all goes dark. But my vision didn't get blurry- at least not yet. I opened my eyes and pulled an arrow from a creature on the floor. My heart beat fast in my chest. It echoed in my ears like drums. I looked towards the crystal. I mean it was obviously their power source, the entire architecture of the room centered around it. I notched the arrow and pulled back. Two more heartbeats and I let go. The arrow soared. It sunk into the crystal causing it to crack before shattering. Then all at once the creatures followed the suit of the crystal. They shattered and turned to dust. Everyone stood still. Then my vision grew blurry. My legs felt like noodles and my fingers jelly. I don't remember falling down.

"Millie!" Dean's voice was distant. I could smell the pie.

"Millie?" The beginning guitar of For Those About to Rock had just began to play when Lucifer's voice pushed through the blur. "Millie, wake up. Come on." The blur faded away as the deep wound in my abdomen stopped bleeding. "Hey, I'm right here."

"I did it..." I chuckled. I stared up into his icy blue eyes.

"Yeah, you did," Lucifer smiled at me. Blood ran down his face. The dark black dust was clinging to everything. I groaned and forced myself into a sitting position. I wrapped my arms around Lucifer's neck and pulled him in for a kiss.

"I love you."

"I love you too," he replied. I glanced around. I saw Gabriel helping Sam to his feet. Cas and Dean were next to me. Okay everything's good. I saw Oliver and Oscar come bounding towards me. I braced for impact. I was still knocked back. My head hit the stone floor.

"Fuck. Yes. Hello. Hello. Yeah. Yeah." I tried to pet them while simultaneously getting up. "Ow."

"Alright, get off of her," Lucifer shoed them off. Lucifer pulled me to my feet. I wiped away the blood dripping down my chin. "You okay?"

"Yeah, a little sore, but I'm okay." I turned to Dean and pulled him into a hug. I grabbed Cas next. I met Sam halfway and pulled him down to my height to hug him.

"Christ, Em..." he looked down at my stomach.

"It's healed, don't worry," I replied and I reached up patted his cheek. He screwed his face up, pouting at me. "I also get to join the "I by my own hand saved the world" club."

"I didn't know there was a club?" Cas answered.

"Well there is now and it's called Team Free Will." Dean put his hand in the middle of us. I just stared at him.

"Chick flick movie much?"

"You know I love those," Dean sighed. I smirked and set my hand on his.

"Yeah you do," Sam added. Sam added his hand in as did Cas.

"I feel like we need to walk off into the sunset now or do like a jump and freeze frame," I chuckled.

"How about a vacation?" Dean suggested. I let a smile slip onto my face. I chuckled at the thought.

"Yeah. Vacation sounds good." I leaned in a bit. "Just us though, we ditch the others."

"Where to?" Cas asked, setting his hands on mine and Dean's shoulders.

"How about Hawaii?" Sam suggested.

"Warm? Sunny? Hell yeah," Dean responded. "2 weeks, no less."

"Okay, I'm gonna tell Luce." I paced over to him. I kissed him on the cheek. "I love you."

"I love you too," Lucifer hummed back.

"See you in 2 weeks," I smiled before walking away.

"Yeah- wait what?" Lucifer turned to question before Cas set a hand on my shoulder and we were gone.

——
Short chapter. So anyways... now we get to see what chaos occurs at the bunker when the parents are away.
-G