Day 101

Day 101 (December 31)- 7:00am
(Gabriel's PoV)

I sat on the side of hill, my wings folded against my back. I was waiting for the sunrise. It had been way too long since I'd seen a sunrise. I figured I might as well try to see the last one of the year. The last hundred or so days had been odd. Being alive again, being with my brothers and sister, being with my soulmate... it was all so strange. That's saying a lot for a guy who spent months in a tv land. I felt the radiating hum of power of an angel's grace before I heard the crunch of the ground beneath a boot.

"I kind of figured you'd be here," I heard the familiar voice of Lucifer say. I didn't take my eyes off the horizon. "Waiting for the sunrise?"

"Yeah," I answered. "Wanna join me?"

"Of course," he answered. I finally looked away from the horizon to look to my older brother. He was staring off into the distance. I took a deep breath. "What is it, Gabe? That was your deep thought breathing."

"I regret it," I answered. I needed to get this out.

"What?" Lucifer turned to me. I could see his shattered halo floating around his head.

"Leaving. I really regret leaving. I should have stayed instead of running off like a coward. Maybe... maybe then Mike wouldn't have done what he did. You know... I saw it. I was going to come back. I was in heaven when they dragged you in. I watched from the shadows as Michael cast you down. I wished everyday after, that I had stopped him," I blurted out.

"It's better that you didn't... I would have made you join him," Michael interrupted. Both our heads snapped towards the sudden voice. Michael sat down next to Lucifer. "It was my fault. I got so wrapped up in my grab for righteousness that all I saw was the path of unquestioning obedience."

"How about both of you shut the hell up!" Lucifer snapped. His eyes started to glow red for a single moment until he closed his eyes and sighed. He looked towards the horizon where the very small beginnings of the sunrise were starting to peek out. "It's my fault and my fault only. The mark started to change me and I was too weak and too willing to give in to my own darkness. If I had just fought back I would never have even began all this. I'm sorry, brothers. I am..."

"How about we agree this mess was a group effort," I suggested. Lucifer just chuckled in response. Michael stretched his wings out before wrapping one around Lucifer and I, pulling us close to him.

"I missed being able to do this," Michael sighed happily. He pulled his wing away and folded it neatly against his back.

"It almost feels like old times... sitting together watching the sun rise," Lucifer commented. The sky at this point was turned a light blue-purple.

"If Raphael was here then it would be like old times, but the idiot tried getting between Cassie and his Winchesters," I replied. I had gotten around to reading the new installments of Supernatural or 'the Winchester Gospel'

"I do find it amusing how everyone refers to Castiel as the Winchesters' angel when really the Winchesters are his," Michael added.

"I disagree. I think Cassie is a Winchester through and through. The way he threatens those who dare attempt to hurt them is identical to how Dean or Sam or Millie threaten others over their siblings," Lucifer responded.