Chapter 35: Luhan's Past

Flashback......

It is the end of that Christmas party and we are on the way back. I am sitting in a carriage beside my father and infront of my older brother. Father look at me and said," I see you have met Mr De Claire's son."

I simply nod my head and replied," His name is Christopher."

I continue to stare at the full moon outside the window. After that, I only hear mumbles. I know what they are going to talk about. I just could not care less. I am only the second son. I know I will get nothing. They are going to just marry me off as a tool to take over other companies. Now that I am a vampire, I know that I will never get all of that. I know ending my life would not be any better. So I decided that I am on my own. How I became this way is still a mystery. Who turned me?

I was born human but one day I woke up as a vampire. How I know? I just know. I trust the voice in my head and there are plenty of evidence showing that I am one.

I was knocked out of my train of thought by my brother's irritated voice," Could you at least listen to what father had to say?"

I just remained silent. I hate my brother. He always seemed to have a problem with me. Thanks to my powers, I found out that he is jealous. He is the heir to the family business so he is treated more strictly and all that. I, on the other hand, am allowed to do anything I want. The second thing is that ever since they proclaimed and believed that I have an uncurable and rare disease make my father to, well, pamper me more.

Father then scolded him," Lu Fang, He is tired!"

My brother scoffed and said," What can he be tired of? It is not like he is going to inherit a business empire."

Father was about to scold him further but I cut him off by saying," You have no idea what I am going through. If you in my position you would have slit your throat a long time ago."

After that, the ride has been really smooth and quiet. But the atmosphere around the three of us is really tense. The carriage is pulled to a stop and I know that we are at our London vacation home. The carriage door is opened and I quickly walked to into the house without any words exchange. I can hear my Father scolding my brother for his rude behaviour earlier.

He hates me. He hates me for sure. I decided to not be all depressed and focus on the positive. At least the blood that Mr De Claire gave me really gave me life. I have never been this strong in weeks. Due to my lack of blood consumption, it makes me weaker and also harder to control my bloodlust. Now thanks to Mr De Claire, who fed me, I am all better. I feel that I can take on an entire army. For the first time in a really long time, I can spent the night without worrying that I will kill something someone.

The next morning.......

I skipped breakfast. I know thay eating won't be beneficial for my health either way. This is the fifth time the maid came knocking on my door. The maid is an elderly as I can tell from her grey hair. I sighed and asked her to come in. She bowed to me and said," Young Master, your Father insists that you come down and have breakfast. He says it might impact your health."

This boy is such a hassle. He is lucky that he is not my son or he will be out in the streets. He is weak and sick. So useless.

The thing I like about my powers is thay I know who to trust. This old lady is saying bad things about me. Well, here is the thing. You are lucky that you are born to be a maid because your mind is polluted. Actually, everyone's minds is. It is sickening. I sighed and look at the old lady which is the maid. I walked towards the door. I stopped beside her and whispered," I might be weak but you are weaker. I suggest that you watch your back. You might never know when your ill thoughts might spill."