Chapter 44: How the past be forgotten

Flashback....

Luhan's pov:

Why?

Why must it be this way?

When I finally found happiness.

I'm sorry.

To Lord and Lady DeClaire, who, treats me like their own son.

To Christopher DeClaire, who is a great friend and like a brother

To my beloved Christina DeClaire, the source of my happiness

I'm sorry

I walked aimlessly. To where, I had no idea. To London, to America, To Straits of Malacca. I don't care. I have to get away. I would rather die than to kill her. I tried to die but it seems that my creator made it impossible.

I jumped of a cliff. I woke up at the bottom unharmed. I set myself on fire, the instinct, the same one that compel me to kill Tina, just toss the fire away. It is impossible to die for me and humans make it look so easy.

What am I suppose to do?

Then, an idea came into my head.

That's it.

The answer is there. All I have to do is to forget. Yes, forget.

I lay down on the grass. I closed my eyes.

My eyes opened and I saw vases. Vases containing the memories I had. I walked to the memories I had since I was sent to the DeClaires.

I raised my hand and grabbed one of them. Before I knew it, water droplets dripped on the vase that I was holding.

Is it that easy to forget? Is it that easy to destroy the memories that I had?

It's easy.

I just need to break them.

I just need to let go.

The more I told myself to let go, my grip on the vase tightens.

I wanted to protect her. Why? Why is it so hard? Why is it to forget?

I have never felt this before.

Fear. I never feared anything. Now? This fear. The fear of loosing her. The fear of forgetting her. The fear of killing her.

I wiped my tears. I looked up and saw the memories. I put the vase carefully down. I closed my eyes and muttered," Forgive me."

I let out a loud scream and all the vases shattered. That was it. Memories. Years of memories of her are gone.

Forget.....

Xiumin's pov:

I ran through the forest. Searching for food. Food, I mean animals. I found a way to suppress the bloodlust towards human blood my drinking animal blood. It is not the most desirable option but it quench my thirst enough to practice to walk among humans. Maybe, just maybe, We can find peace.

I stopped at my tracks when I saw someone laying down in the middle of my pathway. The young man had platinum grey hair and his clothes are tattered and some parts are burnt. However, I saw a crest badge on his colour. It seems that this person is from a noble family. I came closer and inhale his scent. It seems that he is a vampire.

Here I thought that I am the only vampire in the area. Well, I hope that this one here is friendly. I picked him up and bring him to my cabin.