A King Without A Queen

~Maven~

Mare, my sweet Mare. Why do you fear me so? I look around the walls of this palace and all I'm reminded of is you. I see your beautiful face, I hear your lovely voice and I long for your presence in this lonely place.

You wanted the crown, now you have it. What more is there to want?

   I have the one thing I've always wanted. I have power, complete utter control. I should be happy, overjoyed with excitement. But I'm hurting, still wishing for the lightning girl who loves me. Correction "loved" me.

Come back to me, let me prove to you that I haven't changed. That I'm still Maven, your Maven. You loved me once, you saw me as more than the forgotten prince. You believed I was better than Cal. "Believe in me, return to me. Be my red queen" I beg.

"Something on your mind ?".Evangeline silently entering my conference room.

  I turn away from her, hiding behind an invisible wall. She's clingy, not in love with me but my crown. She only has eyes for my crown.

"I don't recall inviting you to join me Lady Samos," I say coldly.

She saunters in, swaying her hips flirtatiously. She draws a line along my chest, seduction creeping into her cold eyes.

"Lady Samos? What's the need for formality?"

Because your name leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

"I just want to be alone," I leave the room, "I'm not feeling well, now leave me be".

She chases after me. I hear the sound of her metal dress scraping the floor.

"Were you thinking about the red girl?" She hisses. She grabs her set of knives dangling from her belt.

"Because if you were, I'd be upset. You're marrying me not her".

Why should it bother her? She wants to be the queen of Norta, not my wife. She isn't capable of feeling affection for anyone. The only reason she'd be jealous is that I asked Mare to be my queen instead of her.

"Our marriage is a business proposition for you, let's not pretend it has deep meaning," I scold,  "and when the king tells you to leave him alone, I advise to you do so."

Evangeline further presses my buttons. "You need to forget about her; she's nothing, a lowly Red. How can you still pine after her when you can have someone like me?"

I laughed coldly; she continued to speak.

"We're Silvers Maven, it's the natural order of things. You can't honestly think that she's worth more than me-"

I clinched her airway between my hands. She struggles against me, trying to reach for the fading air. Violence overcomes my eyes darken as my skin begins to burn. Her back hits the wall so hard that I hear a crack, she doesn't cry but the pain shows on her face.

"You shut up about Mare, you have no right to talk about her or myself" I snarl.

Her eyes widen, nearly popping out of her head. She's fainting. A part of me enjoys watching her like this. Why should I feel bad? She's nothing to me. If it weren't for my mother, I'd kill her, twist her neck and watch her die. But I must let her live, I have to have a queen.  She's not my queen, she'll do, but she's not my Mare.

-------------------------------------------------------
Hi, guys, this is my first time writing fanfiction, thank you for reading my story!
A/K:  THE RED QUEEN SERIES DOES NOT BELONG TO ME; I AM MERELY A FAN.