Chapter 4

The familiar sight of the long cobbled driveway greets us as Alexander drives up it and over to our house.

Finally the car pulls up and I drag myself out of the car.

The entire drive from here to the hospital was complete and utter silence except for the few questions I threw at him here and there and the even fewer one worded answer I had gotten.

Luckily enough that silence seemed to bode well in my favor and by now as I make my way up the stairs, the plan was well formulated in my head.

Grasping my suitcase tighter in my hand, I can feel Alexander come up behind me as heat radiates from him and over to me.

A warm hand grasps the same very one around my suitcase and he lightly tugs it.

"Let me." He says and after a little hesitation I hand him my suitcase.

Key in hand, I unlock the door and not too long afterwards soft lock-in and passing of running paws greet my ears and all too soon, Pixie, our adorably small puppy bounds over and onto me.

Bending down, I grab her and hug the mass of barking joy towards me.

"Who's a good dog?" I coo in a slur of a baby voice.

Pixie answers by barking back and trying to lick my face.

The low thud of the suitcases falling to the ground echoes around the house.

"I've got to make a call and then I'll take the suitcases upstairs okay?" He asks before pressing a kiss to my cheek, ruffling Pixies' fur and then heading in the direction of his office without waiting for a response from me.

Putting Pixie down, I make sure she has enough food and water before I head into our bedroom.

My thoughts flash back to that quaint apartment I had and how incredibly homey it was.

Of course Alexander had demanded I stay in his house a few months after our engagement.

Shaking my head I bring myself back into the present and go into the walk in closet.

Staring from the mirror, to my flower patterned dress and then to the drawers that contained all sorts of revealing lingerie.

Well when you do everything you do it to the fullest right?

----------
Readjusting the damn robe, I make sure every part of me is covered but the stupid silk cloth keeps sliding down.

Groaning in annoyance, I secure it in place firmly before entering into Alexander's office.

Spotting Alexander seated in his chair, I stand next to the door and smile.

He smiles back before clearing his throat and raising one figure up at me, motioning me to wait.

Instead of waiting at the door, I stride over to his desk and sit in one of the vacant seats opposite from him.

"Just make sure you can get any leads on what I told you about. I want a report regarding everything on my desk tomorrow. Got it?"

Well that was vague.

Alexander seemingly in my company cuts the call short and looks up at me.

"Yes?"

"Yes what?" I say looking up at him through narrowed eyes.