Bonus Chapter (1)

Nora James' P. O. V

"Alexander James! Hurry up." I shout out as I try to remove the creases out of my red dress.

Where the hell did he wander off to?

"Alexander?"

No answer.

Letting out a huff, I give myself one last glance in the mirror before deeming myself satisfactory enough.

It is only a small dinner.

But knowing who's hosting it, we all have to be well prepared.

Exiting out of the room, I try to find Alexander but the entire house is dead silent. This usually isn't suspicious to me but honestly when you have two small kids and one big one, Alexander being the bigger of them of course– even the slightest of silence now makes me apprehensive.

A thumping noise makes me shift my movements to downstairs and into the hallway, I fasten my space as I realise they are all in Alexander's office.

Swinging the door open, anger mares my gestures which turns into surprise and then a blank look.

"Nathaniel?"

"Charlotte?"

All I get as an answer are two separate cooing noises as pairs of blue and brown eyes stare back at me.

My baby boy sits on the office chair trying to scoot his butt so that the chair swivels around while my girl...

Ah crap.

"Where the hell is your father?" I ask no one in particular as I hurriedly grab Nathaniel to sit him safely on the floor and then turn my attention to a ink covered Charlotte.

"Alexander Nathaniel James! Where the hell have you disappeared too?" I bellow aloud and then not even two minutes later rushing footsteps reach me.

"These little shits are going to be the cause of my death." A voice grinds out causing me to gasp at their insult, picking up my babies and cradling them to my chest.

"How dare you insult my children like that." I hiss at the brown haired green eyed man.

"Oh no you don't," he hisses, "This is my special day and no one, and I mean no one can ruin this for Caleb Hawkins. Do you understand?" Caleb hisses.

I take a hesitant step back as I nod my head hurriedly, the man sure can become overbearing very quickly.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him as he takes Nathaniel from me.

"That husband of yours called me. There I was at home, getting the place ready for my birthday," he throws a glare my way, " when that gorgeous husband of yours calls me telling me he needs help while he runs away to the office. And of course since I am such a nice and loving person, I agree."

At my blank face, Caleb clears his throat, "And he promised to buy me that Cadillac I wanted as a birthday gift. I'm shallow I know." Caleb grumbles.

"Never mind that. Happy birthday love." I smile at him as I give him a one armed hug.

"Great and thank you." He mumbles as he hugs back, "Since this is my special day, I can safely say that your little beast of a daughter there played around on Alexander's laptop and somehow wiped his hard drive. I don't know how, not my fault. Anyways come on, let's go."