Chapter 17

AN: Greg is one of Alexander's best friend who was mentioned in chapter 7. Hope that helped.

-----------------

Nora James P. O. V

Eyeing Greg out of the corner of my eye, I manage to smile as I speak out, "uh sure thing babe, sorry for interrupting your meeting, just call back whenever you can. Love you."

Removing the phone from my ear, I smile at Greg and simply hold the phone in my palm.

"Aren't you going to hang up?" Greg asks, his head tilting to the side.

"I have," I say smiling, praying he doesn't question me, "where's the uh the tampon?"

I desperately try to think of various ways to occupy the person for the next twenty minutes.

"My nose stopped bleeding," Greg says shrugging.

"Oh." Is all I say, nodding my head.

"Why don't we um go downstairs, I could make breakfast." I mumble as I motion for him to head down first.

Maybe downstairs I could run out the back door or if worse comes to worse at least the kitchen has knives, even though that could go both ways.

"It's one thirty Nora."

It takes me a moment to realise what he's talking about.

"The time Nora, its one thirty." Greg says slowly as he takes note of the confusion on my face.

Damn it, I had to get my head straight and out of this weird haze otherwise I'll come off suspicious, I think nervously.

"Oh yeah of course, I'll just make lunch then, what do you want?" I ask as I make my way behind him, the both of us descending the stairs.

"Anything will be great, I've been living off of takeout for the last few years so it doesn't really bother me." Greg says laughing a little while I smile at him, hoping it doesn't come off too fake.

"Do you need any help, I mean I'm not great but...."

"Uh no it's fine, I'll be fine you just go watch the television or whatever."

Greg shrugs and heads over to the living room while I go into the kitchen.

**********

Glancing over my shoulder for what happens to be the fiftieth time, I almost jump right out of my skin as I see Greg coming into the kitchen.

I curse myself once again as I look at my phone, the screen blank, finally going dead as the last bit of battery gives out.

Where the hell is Alexander?

"You need a hand?" Greg asks now stepping into the kitchen.

I shake my head while I eye the knife right beside me.

I was ready to shank the man.

I hum lightly to myself as I stir the sauce in the pot.

Seeing a figure approaching from behind, I tense up and inch my hand towards the knife, the glinting piece of metal feeling miles away.

I whip my head round, gazing past my shoulder, my heart hammering in my chest as I see a knife in Greg's hand.

I open my mouth to let out a screech but he simply passes me and starts cutting the vegetables, smiling my way.