Chapter 24

Nora James' P. O. V

My mouth drops open in sheer shock but I can't even seem to utter out a single word as I gape at Alexander like an idiot.

Alexander nods his head in confirmation to my incredibly bewildered look as his face somehow turns even more grim.

"B-but who? How?" I manage to splutter out.

I agree I don't know Damien as much as I'd like to, I mean even though I've tried to know him better or strike up a conversation to get him acquainted with me: wherever and whenever I see and meet him, he always seems to mentally blank me out and barely even bothers to reply me or at the very least, acknowledge my presence.

But this, I couldn't have even imagined.

"Benedict?" Is all I manage to stutter out.

Alexander sighs out once more as he slowly nods his head.

"Barely anybody even knows this because Benedict doesn't really like this getting at all as he believes it'll tarnish his reputation in the industry, but the fact remains... Damien is adopted."

My eyebrows raise as I start to take in everything, digesting his words and this shocking revelation.

"But if Damien is adopted–" I start out slowly as I try to think my sentence through, my mind gingerly calculating each thought, "—then why is Benedict so against that, I mean?"

I falter off at the end as Alexander nods his head as he seems to understand what I'm trying to ask from him.

"It's not the fact that he's adopted, it's just the issue of who's Damien's real father is. I mean even that wasn't exactly an issue until his real father started showing up wherever possible, trying to get a hold of Damien and then trying to haul him back to Italy."

"Italy?"

My eyebrow raises in question as my mind; in a flurry of haphazardness desperately tries to figure everything out, sorting out the information into various files and mentally storing them away to be thought of later.

Alexander rubs the nape of his neck and gives me a sheepish smile, "Remember that day when we came back from our honeymoon and after visiting the hospital; when we went back home and then you tricked me into getting some information?"

I ignore his narrowed look and nod my head as I certainly do recall that vivid night.

I almost cringe at the memory of me trying to seduce him but luckily I manage to keep a straight face as I urge him to go on.

"Well, I left something out, a very tiny  detail at that," Alexander ushers out as he notices my glare deepening at him keeping something from me, "Somehow Damien's father found out the whole issue about Sam being Benedict's illegitimate son and since Sam isn't too keen on his father he didn't take things very lightly and turned to the dark side."

As Alexander takes a breath I scold him by smacking him lightly on the arm for being so non serious at a time like this.

"So you mean," I slowly start out as I think back to everything, "After Sam found out about Damien's biological father-"