Chapter 18

Nora James P. O. V

"So." I mumble, letting the word hang in the air.

For some reason I feel incredibly awkward and the boys probably know it too.

Especially Alexander as he looks back at me, over his shoulder, with that little smirk tugging at his lips.

Damien clears his throat, grabbing all of our attention towards him.

"Like I was saying, what are we going to do now?"

The silence that had slowly withered away just mere seconds ago, ensues once more as we all mull over various plans and methods.

"We can not involve the police." Damien speaks up once again.

"Why not?" I question in confusion, that is pretty much the first thing on my mind to actually do.

Damien looks at me, almost as if he's assessing each and every move of mine, but still the impassive cold look stays.

How one could be so emotionless yet express that much emotion at the same time, remains a mystery to me.

"It is a delicate situation." Is all Damien says as he looks at me once more and then back at his phone, meticulously tapping away.

"I've already talked to James and Xavier about the whole situation and some of the head security from Damien's company is helping us as well." Alexander says as he places the beer bottle on the small corner table and then making his way over to me, wrapping me in his arms from behind.

I nod my head, still in thought then finally my eyes wander over to Greg.

"And what exactly are you doing to help?" I ask as I watch the man in question, remove the tampon which was now soaked up in his blood.

"Huh?" Greg asks as he turns himself to look at me, "oh well in providing the whole motivation thing you know, I'm pretty much like their own personal cheerleader."

I'm not even going to think of how Greg is actually going to do that and so ask no more questions as I merely nod my head.

***********

"You what?" I ask in bewilderment, glancing at Alexander square in the eyes to make sure I'm not dreaming.

Am I going delirious?

Am I actually hearing right.

The scowl on my face deepens as I take in Alexander's expression.

This idiot is completely serious.

"Tomorrow?" I growl out, "you're going tomorrow?"

"Yes honey, I to you this last week when the guys were over, we discussed this." Alexander mumbles as he tries to pull me into his arms.

A habit he had recently started to pick up on quite a lot.

"Don't you dare try to coddle and sway me into this!"

"I'm not doing anything of the sorts love." Alexander coaxes, settling for pressing a kiss to my forehead instead as I resist in his arms.

"How long?" I growl out.

"I-I'm not sure, a week? Maybe two? As long as it takes to get this whole thing sorted out. Hell I might even come back in two days. Who knows?" He says trying to reason with me.

"But you can't leave me. I'm sick!" I exclaim out. Right now I was grasping for straws, anything for Alexander to say here.

For some reason, the thought of him leaving me most definitely does not bode well with me.

"Baby your pregnant, not sick." Alexander says gently as he finally manages to pull me into him, swaying slightly which for some reason calms me down.

The man is infuriatingly calming.

"But Alexander. You're leaving me behind here all along while you traverse all around England trying to stop Sam from being the asshole that he is." I almost groan out loud as the whole situation replays in my head.

"I know baby, I know." Is all he says.

Pulling away from him, I lightly huff as I walk past him and go back to the tedious job of folding laundry.

Eyeing the stripped pair of Alexander's boxers in my hand and then Pixie who leisures on the bed, I almost give in to temptation but stop myself.

I couldn't be that childish.

Well I could.

As I'm debating whether to piss my dear husband off, a light bulb flashes bright over my head.

I even nearly 'aha' out loud.

Whipping around, the boxers still in my hand, I point to Alexander who was still looking at me.

"I just had a great idea," I say completely smug.

Alexander's face turns weary almost instantly as he tentatively asks, " and what exactly is that babe?"

"I'll just come with you!"

"Absolutely not!" Alexander says in a flash as if he was expecting exactly that.

"Why not? I mean you're the one saying you want to look after me, how are you going to do that, more than a thousand miles away?"

I know I'm probably being a bitch for saying that, poking at him where it hurts the most;

The safety of his family.

But I can't just let him go on his own, even if he has Damien and Greg going along with him.

"I'm a part of this too, remember that Alex." I say trying to get him to understand.

"I know that but I can't risk you or the baby from getting hurt and anyways this conversation is pointless," Alexander says smugly, "you can't travel when you're pregnant."

My face goes void of emotions except for one which is clear as day.

Bewilderment flashes in my eyes and my mouth drops open as I shake my head in sorrow at the poor man.

"You know nothing about everything." I whisper as I place my hands on my hips.

Alexander clearly takes offense as he narrows his eyes at me.

"Babe, I can travel however much I want, this baby isn't popping out any time soon. I'm coming with you and that's final." I say in indignation as I turn away from him, boxers still in my hand and go back to my tedious chore of folding his laundry.

"Damn it, you are really adamant to go aren't you?" Alexander asks.

I merely shrug, not bothering to answer him as I know it's a rhetorical question.

I hear Alexander groan behind me but nonetheless he still comes and kisses me on my head before heading towards the doorway, muttering something about informing the captain of another person being on board.

------------
AN: Hi everyone! Sorry for the slightly short chapter once again and unfortunately I won't be able to update as regularly as I have in other words I'll probably be updating twice a week from now on due to school and exams and all that, I hope you can understand and I'll try my best to update as much as possible. Please remember to:

Vote
Comment
&
Share