Chapter 30

Nora James' P. O. V

I swallow roughly as Alexander wraps an arm around me tightly.

"Sorry but we must get going." Alexander tries to say politely through a tightly clenched jaw.

I'm currently at a loss for words as I try to rummage my mind on what to do.

This is Arturo.

Damien's biological father Arturo.

His fathers that is a gang leader.

Oh God have mercy.

The thought makes another bout of shiver to run down my spine and my hands itch to cradle my stomach but I refrain from doing so.

I didn't need him knowing more about anything related to Alexander and I, just in case anything does happen.

"No, no. Please stay. Any friend of Damien and Sam are definite friends of mine." I can barely understand him with his thick Italian accent but nonetheless the words make me take another hesitant step back.

Glancing behind my shoulder at Alexander, he gives me a nod and motions for me to sit down next to Greg.

Most probably not wanting o cause any sort of commotion.

The faster we sit down, the faster this can fly by.

Well at least I hope.

I do so and Alexander slides in right next to me, still not removing his arm from around me, though this time he manages to inconspicuously place his hand on my stomach, almost as an instinctive reaction.

Only now, as I'm slightly calmer and am not finding myself under Arturo's meticulous, blatant stare do I notice Damien standing erect, muscles all taut as he stares at his father through cold guarded eyes.

Sam too stands up and greets Arturo with a blinding smile and even going over to hug him in that manly way guys do.

From beside even Greg scoffs as he looks at their encounter.

"Weirdo." He mumbles.

Stepping back and away from each other, Arturo briefly looks at Damien and then back over to Sam before glancing back at Damien.

"It's nice to see you again figlio." Arturo breaths out as he extends his hand.

Damien eyes Arturo's hand before carefully slipping his hand in his father, giving a quick precise hand shake before stepping back just as fast, if you'd have blinked you would have missed it.

"So shall we sit. Have a nice talk and discuss things?" Sam asks quite pleasantly not seeming to notice the tension.

Or more probably ignoring it since it is quite palpable.

The ensuing silence makes this even more awkward as I try not to gawk at the man who takes his seat directly across from me, lodged in between Damien and Sam.

The lingering silence nearly suffocates me to death and I have to hold back a obnoxious urge to randomly start humming.

Alexander keeps glancing my way, trying to tell me something with his eyes.

Probably asking me to refrain from doing something that will bring unnecessary attention to me.

"I did not know I was to be meeting your friends."

Arturo's question slices through the air like a sharp knife.

Sam goes to answer but a sharp glare from both Greg and Alexander shut him up.