Bonus Chapter (2)

Nora James' P. O. V

"Baby?"

"Hmm?" I mumble as I glance around the room, my eyes darting from one person to another, and then smiling at every familiar face I see.

"Not that I doubt your fashion sense since it is great, really, but I do have to ask," Alexander pauses but I shake my hand at him to continue while I still try to scour the area for that particularly familiar face in particular.

"Yes. Ask away."

"Why does our child have ink all over their face?"

My eyes go wide as I quickly place my drink down and turn around to a peeved looking Alexander.

I barely even noticed and my mind was too preoccupied about Caleb and his 'surprise birthday party' before but now that my hands -and mind is free, do I notice Charlottes ink stained face and hands.

"How didn't I notice this? Oh my God. I'm a horrible mother." I moan as I grab one of the napkins from the nearby table.

"No honey. You're a great mother, every parent goes through things. Just yesterday when I was on the phone, I took my eyes away from Nathaniel for a split second and then next thing I know, your makeup was all over the place and rui-"

My livid eyes snap up to meet his, causing Alex to cut himself off.

"You what?" I hiss at him.

"I completely renewed your makeup and even brought more stuff for you to use and when we get back home you can take my credit card and shop online for as long as you want, is what I did and will do." He answers solemnly.

I grin in triumph as I realise I have an amazing, not to mention, well trained husband.

"You shouldn't have." I coo at him as I kiss him on the cheek, momentarily forgetting the fact that our daughter is currently covered in a layer of ink.

"Okay, crap. I need water." I mumble in a rush as I try to dab the ink off of her, only for it to stain my hands and smudge further across her face.

"It's not coming out!" Alexander hisses at me but shuts up when he sees the murderous look on my face.

"I'm trying!" I hiss back at him as my eyes stay focused on the slowly fading ink.

"Guys." Comes another voice, panicked, as they interrupt mine and Alexander's slowly heating up argument.

The both of us dart our eyes away from Charlotte and over to a worried looking Caleb.

"Valentino brought his parents here."

"So?" Alexander rudely answers as he fails to understand, as do I.

"Well this is my first time meeting them and I'm not ready and one of my friends– I swear it wasn't me– invited this stripper, and I'm losing it and the stripper is nearly here and-"

"Wait," Alex cuts Caleb off, "Is it a male or female stripper?"

I glare at Alexander's idiotic question while Caleb looks overtly flustered.

"Why the hell would I- sorry I mean, someone- hire a female stripper at my party?"

I nearly burst out laughing at Caleb's mortified expression at the thought of a half naked woman prancing around to some very indecent music.

"We are getting out of here." Alexander speaks up as he turns to face me, motioning me to move along with him.

"What? No! You need to help me with my image and whatnot in front of my boyfriend's parents." Caleb huffs as he immaturely stomps his foot against the ground.