Chapter 4

Original Stats:
1.2K Views. 20 Votes. 7 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

Chapter 4

━━━━━━━━━

Chase's POV

I still don't understand why Adam and I have to be paired up. It's not that I still hate the guy. No. It's just the fact that Bree and I are used to being paired together in situations much like this one. I did have fun when Adam and I hung out, but not as much fun as I could be having with Bree.

"Come on!" Adam cheered as we came closer to the toy isle. We had been running all the way back here, trying not to drive too much attention our way. Or at least I was. I knew for a fact that Adam was willing to do anything, stupid or not, to gain attention. He smiled slyly as we walked around to the back wall lined with board game after board game. I didn't think I had ever seen so many in my life, but leave it to Walmart to do the impossible. Adam nodded as he jogged over to the small end of the isle that held the hola hoops. He laughed lightly as he threw one my way. I caught it with ease before pulling it over my head.

"So what? We just start hola hooping?" I asked, wondering just what Leo had had in mind. We hadn't exactly planned this event. It was more of an in the moment thing. Adam shook his head as he pulled out his phone to see a text from Leo pop up.

"He said to wait until he and Bree get there to start. He'll text me again in a minute." Adam explained without a second thought before leaning back against the shelves. I sighed and let the hola hoop rest on my finger tips. Adam laughed as a girl about four years old raced around the corner, only to be scared away by Adam and I holding hola hoops.

"Was that actually funny? We scared her." I asked seriously. I didn't know about Adam, but if he and Caitlyn were ever going to have kids, he wasn't exactly going to be nominated for dad of the year. I, on the other hand, have quite a way with kids if I do say so myself. Adam's face lit up like a Christmas tree when his phone buzzed.

"Here goes nothing." Adam said before slipping his phone back into his pocket and pulling the hola hoop up to his hips. I shook my head as he began to move back and forth, the hola hoop moving around him. I glanced around as Adam began to hola hoop, him not caring that at least five mothers had walked by already, worrying about the sanity of both myself and my previously bag boy friend. He had quite the job.

"Chase! Just start already!" Adam whined as he began to walk around the small expands of the isle. I rolled my eyes before bringing the hola hoop up to my hips, and beginning to hola hoop myself. Bree and I used to do this all the time at a small store just up the road from where our parent's still live. I smiled widely as I had forgotten just how much fun this could be.

"So how long do we do this for?" I asked as Adam and I began to walk around the toy section, scaring away more children as we did so. Adam shrugged before he accidentally slammed his hola hoop into what could only be described as the best Barbie car I had ever seen, and Bree used to have a lot. Douglas never exactly had a price range when it came to her. He still didn't. While Bree has been trying to land a job, he's been paying her rent. I'm not hating on him, I just think its funny.

"Dude, you need to pick that up." I ordered as I pointed to the car that still laid on the floor as Adam was about to begin hola hooping once again. Adam threw his head back in annoyance as he let his hoop fall to the floor.

"I thought the whole point of this was to get kicked out of Walmart. Not to be citizens of the year for Walmart." Adam teased before shoving down another Barbie car.