Chapter 13

Original Stats:
1K Views. 25 Votes. 29 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

Chapter 13

━━━━━━━━━

I sighed and leaned back against the lockers as I waited for Adam to change. It had been too long of a day, and Chase would be here any minute to pick me up. Then, we would simply be able to go and get our bridesmaid dresses picked out... Or just try on he ones Jannel wanted. That seemed way simpler.

"Bree?" Someone called from down the hallway. I frowned and spun around until I came face to face with Marcus. I took a small step back until I remembered our small deal. I still had to act as if I didn't want to be near him in public, though.

"Why are you here?" I asked on a limb. I could have sworn Chase had been not wanting to go to work earlier simply because my newest love interest would be there to train him.

"I work here." He teased as he leaned back cooly against the lockers. I rolled my eyes and pushed off the lockers, walking down the hall right after. I surely didn't want Adam hearing this.

"You know what I meant."

"I did. But it was worth it to see that little smile on your face." Marcus whispered as he placed his hand securely on my waist. I couldn't hold back the smile as he pulled me into his office and closed the door behind him.

"But seriously, what are you doing here?" I asked as I crossed my arms over my chest and walked back over to the other side of the room. He took a seat on his office chair on the other side of the desk as I walked around and looked from side to side. His office was littered with random newspaper clippings from after he got the internship with my dad. My dad.

"How did it to over there? I would assume that it went pretty had if you're back so fast." I asked sarcastically. I could tell from the look on his face that something was up. I just didn't know what... yet.

"Yeah, um... That's not going to work out. You're also about to be forced to quit." Marcus muttered as he stood up. My mouth dropped in shock. What in the work was he talking about?

"Why would I have to quit?" I started warily. This didn't sound good whatsoever. What if...

"Your family, and family friends, know something's up with me. They think that my feelings for you are totally one sided. And supposedly, they don't want me to wreck the little family that you and Chase have started." Marcus explained with ease. I let my eyes close as his words took me over. He could not be serious.

"Marcus, are you kidding me? We've been kind of dating for not even five hours and you've already screwed this up!" I yelled in anger. God, could I had any better luck with guys? I knew how bad this was, and I had been beating myself up internally all day for it, but it still sucked. The same thing had practically happened with Chase and I, though. No one wanted us together, and now everyone did. So much, that they were willing to kick Marcus out and make me quit just so I wouldn't have to see him.

"What the hell happened with you and Chase?" Marcus asked as he stood up and slammed his hands down on the table. I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair.

"It took us a while to get together if that's what you mean. But now he won't propose which is why we, are in this." I rambled as I began to pace back and forth the room, just as Chase would in a situation like this. I am a horrible person.

"What took so long?" Marcus asked, his voice taking on a lighter tone as he walked around the desk and pulled me to a stop.

"Adam, played us. To help me get together with Chase, Adam and I fake dated. But after we got together, he pretended like he wanted me back. The whole thing blew up in both our face's because we found out Adam had been plotting revenge out whole friendship against Chase cause he and I used to be friends in kindergarten but I ditched him when Chase moved there-"