Chapter 8

Original Stats:
1.1K Views. 23 Votes. 18 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

Chapter 8

━━━━━━━━━

Jannel waltzed out in a large dress about the size of every dress in the store combined. I held my hand over my mouth to keep from laughing as Caitlyn copied my actions. We looked to each other, both worried that Jannel would end up loving this. The bride to be stepped up onto the... Pedestal type thing with the help of our consultant before looking herself up and down in the mirror.

"I hate it." She announced as she let her hands rest on her waist in confusion. I finally let my laugh out along with Caitlyn as we watched the girl's face turn from confusion to happy.

"I'm sorry, but that is the biggest dress I have ever seen." I pointed out as I stood up and played with the large bottom half of the dress. Caitlyn nodded along.

"Agreed. Definitely not for the wedding."

"Where is the wedding? Maybe I could find something else to go along with it." The consultant tried once more. The three of us weren't exactly getting along with the lady at hand. She had long, straight platinum blond hair. She was about three inches taller than all three of us and held her posture almost too well. Her black pantsuit was not going along with her body whatsoever, which was sad. While I was pretty sure she was of Russian decent, none of us could understand her accent for the life of us.

"We're having it at Sunset Gardens in Las Vegas." Jannel answered without a second thought. The woman nodded before glancing from side to side, almost willing the perfect dress to come popping out at her. I sighed and sat back down, looking around the weird store myself. I couldn't ever see myself going through all this just to find a dress. But maybe that was because Chase and I weren't getting married.

I looked up to see Jannel's eyes widen suddenly. I smiled as I followed her gaze to see the dress sitting just across the store. She knew it was the one, I could tell.

"Miss?" I tried as I rose from the white couch once more. The consultant turned around, an annoyed look on her face. She was really ticking me off.

"What is it?" She asked. I smiled as I pointed to the dress Jannel had seen.

"Could she try on that one? I think she would like it." I asked. The consultant nodded before scurrying off to the dress. I felt my arm behind jerked back towards Jannel as she brought me over to her.

"Thank you." Jannel whispered. Her face lit up with happiness. I laughed and nodded.

"It's what I do." I teased as I walked back over to Caitlyn's side. I sat down next to my Caitlyn on the couch as we looked around the store. We were the only ones in here today. No wonder the woman was so upset with us. Her fault though, she could have stuck us with someone else.

"Did Jannel see that dress or did you pick it out?" Caitlyn asked, bringing up conversation. I had been so lost in my own thoughts.

"She saw it, and it is perfect for her."

"I know! It kind of sucks that Adam and I won't get to do this." Caitlyn added without thinking before she slapped her hand over her mouth. My eyes almost popped out of my head as I turned to fully face her.

"What do you mean!" I asked, sounding more harsh than I had intended. She shrugged as she let her hands fall to her lap.

"I mean, we're probably going to elope while we're in Vegas. I..." Caitlyn left off suddenly. I frowned as I tried to figure this out. There was something Caitlyn wasn't telling me.