Chapter 10

Original Stats:
1.2K Views. 24 Votes. 47 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

Chapter 10

━━━━━━━━━

Leo and Jannel stood before us in Adam and Leo's apartment with something holding their hand's behind their backs. I smiled and watched as Chase threw his arm tightly around my shoulders, pulling me into his side while Adam and Caitlyn sat next to us. Jannel's smile grew wider as she looked to Leo for support.

"Do you want to go first or should I?" Jannel whispered, although it was loud enough for us to hear. I smiled slightly as Chase leaned his head closer to mine.

"They do know we can hear them, right?" He whispered teasingly in my ear. I rolled my eyes and playfully slapped him on the shoulder.

"Maybe we should go together." Leo suggested with a hopeful smile. Adam rolled his eyes as he stood up.

"It's either you two to, or I take the spotlight, well... Me and my fiancé." Adam teased as he motioned towards a secretly pregnant Caitlyn. She smiled over at me as I found myself smiling. I was so happy for them. I knew the two would make amazing parents. Chase frowned as he turned to me once more.

"You know what's going on?" He whispered. I laughed and nodded.

"I do." I whispered, gaining an eyebrow raise from Chase. "What? Caitlyn's my best friend and now I work with Adam. We're bonded in a way that no one will ever understand." Chase laughed before Leo clapped his hands together, brining our attention back to whatever news the two almost married couple had for us. It was almost the end of December... Wait.

"Is this about-"

"No! No guessing!" Leo cut in. I held up my hands in defense before the two finally nodded to each other, deciding that it was time to tell us whatever was going on.

"Okay, we wanted to tell you guys first... That for the first semester... We are the only two graduating!" Jannel announced with a bright smile. My eyes widened as Chase's mouth dropped in shock. Well, didn't see that coming. I was going to guess that they were graduating, just not that they would be the only two.

"How did that happen?" Chase asked quizzically. I nodded in agreement. It didn't seem possible that they were the only two out of all the technical seniors at MCU that were graduating.

"Everyone else isn't done with their credits yet or they wanted to graduate at the end of the year." Leo explained as he held Jannel's hand close. "Principle Perry's having the graduation ceremony this weekend at her monthly house party. So, before you all go crazy that this is the second party we've been to this year, you all are being forced to go." Leo smiled slyly as Jannel laughed. I rolled my eyes at the two before Adam stood up.

"On that note. We have something to say. Keep in mind we are not trying to take away from the excitement of you two graduating or of your wedding, but this was bound to come out eventually." Adam stared as Caitlyn stood up slowly. I smiled and nodded to her, trying to tell her that it would all be okay. Leo and Jannel's faces fell as they waited.

"What is it?" Chase asked worriedly. I rubbed my hand over his as I tried to calm him down. Everyone was taking this way more seriously than they had to.

"Caitlyn... Is pregnant." Adam finished with a smile. Caitlyn laughed as Leo's eyes almost popped out of his skull. Chase froze completely as his eyes moved between the two consistently.

"Bree knew about it!" Leo called suddenly as he stepped back and pointed to me. I frowned as everyone turned to me.

"How did you know?" I asked, worried that I was that obvious. Leo smiled slyly before dropping Jannel's hand and walking slowly over to me.