Chapter 22

Original Stats:
642 Views. 28 Votes. 27 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

Chapter 22

━━━━━━━━━

I pulled my laptop over from across the bed, wondering just what I wanted to do today. Leo had left with Jannel at about... I don't know, early this morning. So I had gone back to bed. Now, here I sat. On my bed. At two o clock in the afternoon... And I was bored.

I missed when everyone hung out. It was like what Leo was saying last night. We had totally passed by the good days and moved straight onto whatever you want to call these.

Everyone had jobs.

Everyone was getting married, except for me.

We never had time to hang out anymore.

And finally, the cherry on the sundae mind you, Chase and I are broken up.

Yeah, sounds pretty freaking bad to me.

I rolled my eyes and turned on my computer. I was being stupid. I had caused all of this in the first place. I shouldn't be blaming them because we never meet up anymore. It was mainly because Chase had to leave, and I could blame my dad and Davenport all I wanted for that. So really, this was all their fault... and Marcus'. that kid.

I'm going to have to be honest and say that I'm happy I'll never have to see that kid again. It was great that my dad finally came back and knock some sense into me. But even that wont fix me and Chase overnight. I'm going to have to work my butt off just to get him to talk with me. But what about my friends? Well, our friends since Chase and I share everything. Even this freaking empty apartment. He's been gone too long.

Why not just call them all and ask them to meet up for dinner later? Why not just call Chase and ask if he still hates me of not? Why not, right? Wrong.

Well, about the Chase thing anyways. I pulled out my phone and clicked in Jannel's contact assuming that Leo wouldn't pick up and Caitlyn and Adam had baby problems. She picked up in an instant.

"Hey." I greeted happily. She laughed happily as she figured out who I was. Not that my contact didn't show up of anything.

"Hey. What's up?" Jannel asked as I spread my legs out in front of me. I sat in thought for a minute.

"Nothing much. What about you?"

"Leo and I were sorting out a few wedding details. She started before the phone was seemingly snatched out of her hands.

"Bree." Leo stated. I laughed.

"Leo."

"What is this about? Why didn't you call me? Huh?" Leo interrogated. I rolled my eyes and laid back on my bed, completely forgetting about my computer that was now sitting, logged in, on my bed.

"Because Jannel's name comes up first in my contacts." I reasoned, which was actually true. J came before L.

"Well if you were going all alphabetical, I guess you should have called Caitlyn, shouldn't you?" Leo replied angrily. I frowned as I tried to grasp exactly what Leo was getting at. I called his fiancé, big deal. We were talking now. I saw no point to this.

"So?" I asked, worried I knew what was coming next. I felt like there was some big come back coming my way or something.

"I was your second choice." Leo replied, copying my tone from last night. I bit my lip to keep from laughing before finally pulling myself together.