Chapter 14

Original Stats:
977 Views. 26 Votes. 16 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

Chapter 14

━━━━━━━━━

I stumbled around the room, the sobs escaping me as I watched Chase pack his bag.

"Do you really have to leave? I mean, you could always..." I left off as Chase turned slightly, a small smile on his face. I threw my head back with a groan. "Fine, you really can't just stay here with me. But at least I gave it a shot." Chase smiled and walked over to me, pulling me into him by my hips as my hands flew to his chest. My heart fluttered as I quickly wiped the tears from my face.

"I want to say that I won't be gone for that long, but I will be. Two months is a long time. I don't know how we're going to make it through this." Chase mumbled worriedly. I nodded sadly. I wasn't exactly looking forward to his leaving. I hadn't seen Marcus whatsoever since last week. I was happy that I had been able to spend these five days simply with Chase, during the days anyways, and our friends at night. I didn't want to see him leave.

"We still have tonight. What do you want to do?" I asked hopefully. I wanted to spend every waking minute with him over the next... Fourteen hours till his plane leaves for New York, speaking of which. "You are bringing me back souvenirs, right?" I teased. He rolled his eyes and dropped his arms from around my waist, grabbing onto my hand as he pulled me out into the living room I had grown to know all too well. He pulled me down to the couch, throwing his arm around my shoulders as I leaned back into his chest.

"I will, no doubts about that. But what I want to do right now, is..." Chase whispered teasingly into my ear. I laughed and leaned by head back to look up into his eyes.

"What?"

"I want to watch High School Musical with you and the guys. Then, I want to have a romantic diner with you at our place." Chase explained with a smile. I felt my heart stop at the mention of all the things we had temporarily stopped doing. It seemed as though our lives had all taken off since we had stopped college. Now, we barely had time to all eat dinner together, which we still found time to do somehow. I nodded happily before pulling my phone out of my pocket. This was beyond perfect for our last night together. We would all force Chase to stay up all night.

# # #

"Wow, gets me every time." Adam said as he wiped his tears away and reached for the tissues on the table.

"I know right. Their love is just so magical." Leo said as the movie ended. I rolled my eyes and reached over for the remote that sat at the side of me. Chase laughed as I clicked the movie off and Adam stood up to get the lights. Jannel and Caitlyn had given us this night, just the four of us because of Chase's leaving. Chase and I insisted that they come over, but they refused. Chase pulled me back into his side as Leo turned to face us, Adam plopping back down on the couch as he did so.

"So this is it? Our last movie night for the next two months unless we get a wild hair and decided to face time this kid at midnight to do so?" Leo asked teasingly. I rolled my eyes and curled closer into my boyfriend's side. I didn't want him to go. I wanted to stay in this moment forever and ever. Knowing that I would have this place to myself for the next two months was scary as well. I don't know what I'm going to do.

"We will still talk all the time guys. And I'm not going to be gone that long." Chase reasoned as he sat up slightly. Adam shook his head as the tears rose to his eyes.