Chapter 16

Original Stats:
890 Views. 27 Votes. 22 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

Chapter 16

━━━━━━━━━

I can't stand it. What am I doing with my life?

Three days.

Three days that I've been sitting here. Three days that I've been staring at my phone, waiting for even a text from Chase. A word from my dad. A stupid phone call from Mr. Davenport. Only to be left sitting here, knowing nothing. I hated this.

It seemed as though every stupid thing in this stupid apartment was reminding me of him.

Chase, Chase, Chase.

It's cause he lives here you idiot. It's kind of hard not to think about him when practically half the objects in here are his. Or things he's given me...

I'm love sick. That's all there is to it. I miss him more than words can even describe. I hate how we've had some kind of memory at every end of this apartment. Maybe I need to get out of here. Go out to lunch with one of the guys. Not that any of them will talk with me... But then again, I haven't tried.

I'm scared. I'm so scared that I've been dodging their phone calls and hiding under my bed when freaking Leo and Adam decide to barge in here. For all they know, I followed Chase to New York.

They probably think that I'm gone.

Who am I kidding? That's exactly what they're thinking. They're Adam and Leo for crying out loud. From their point of view, I would kill myself for Chase. Not that I wouldn't. Living without him had been pretty hard.

I need to call them.

I huffed in annoyance as the sound of my friend's idiot ring tone sounded through my phone. Leo had always insisted on keeping it the same. Why did I call Leo first? Adam would understand more.

"Hello?" Leo said teasingly into the phone.

"Leo-"

"Bree! Guys! I finally got her. Okay, before you freak out, we've got a ninja right outside your apartment, ready to capture you and bring you to us. Are you in New York?" Leo rambled, too fast for me to even understand. This kid.

"Leo! Calm yourself. First of all, get rid of the ninja, not that there is one out there, and second, I'm not in New York. Chase would have bought me a ticket back himself." I muttered the last part. I could practically hear Leo's face scrunching together as he heard my words.

"Why? Doesn't he just miss you're moments on the couch?" Leo snickered. I could hear the chorus of laughs in the background as well. Yep, that's my support system. Should have called Adam.

"Chase wouldn't miss them at all, Leo." I snapped, hating myself already for taking it out on him. Leo hadn't done anything... In this situation. He's done a tone of other crap, but this time, he hasn't done a thing.

"What do you mean?" Leo asked worriedly. I stood shakily from the couch, walking swiftly back to my room as I recognized his tone. Reading between the lines had told me, he is coming over, whether I was in my pj's still or not.

"Chase broke up with me." I breathed.

"What!" Leo screeched into the phone. I rolled my eyes. "Why?"

"I deserved it." I replied snidely. I did, though. Leo huffed, sounding annoyed at the fact that he still wasn't getting the full story.

"I mean it Bree." Leo stated simply. I nodded to myself.