Chapter 6

Original Stats:
1.2K Views. 21 Votes. 28 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

Chapter 6

━━━━━━━━━

"I think we could pull some serious pranks on this kid." Adam whispered teasingly before walking over to the bathrooms that sat in a type of locker room space off to the right. I rolled my eyes as I followed, walking into the empty girls bathroom as I pulled open a stall and changed quickly into my uniform. I glanced down at myself, already wondering just who had come up with these. I shook my head and picked up my clothes and walked out to see Adam waiting for me. He was looking over the other lockers off to the side. Each had a small nameplate made out of paper slipped into the space provided. I laughed and walked over to him just before Marcus walked around the corner.

"Here." He muttered as he handed a piece of paper to each Adam and I. I frowned as I looked it over before I saw my name written in cursive. "Pick your own lockers. But pick fast. We have a lot to get done." Maruc said as he leaned back against the wall by the corner. I nodded and walked around before I found a corner locker on top without a name plate. I smiled and slipped the tag into the compartment before clicking open the locker and throwing my clothes inside. I shut the locker soundly as I felt Adam tap my shoulder. I nodded and turned to see he was walking over to Marcus.

"So, what are we doing first?" Adam asked, the hopefulness evident in his voice. I shook my head as a small smile hit me. There was no way Marcus would go easy on us. He would find something weird for us to do. I think that's why I've put off getting a job for so long. Just because of the horrible busy work you get the first two weeks.

"You two," Marus left off as he led us back out to the front desk and around the next corner. We walked until we hit a room with full wall windows on every wall. The sun was shinning through and you could look out to see the entire city of Mission Creek. I smiled at the sight before Marcus snapped in my face. "Will be picking up towels. Used of course, and then putting them in the washer in this room." Marcus went on as he walked us to the door at the back of the room. There was work out equipment everywhere, no matter what you wanted to use, they had it. There were about thirty people in the large room, it was probably the biggest room I had ever been in in my life. Marcus slipped a key out of his pocket and opened the door carefully before flipping on the lights. Adam cheered as he raced inside and hopped up on top of the large washer and dryer that sat in the room. I rolled my eyes and pushed my way inside as well. Marcus sighed and ran his fingers through his hair before leaning back against the door.

"I almost forgot, it's closing time. I need you two to get rid of everyone before you clean up. Wipe all the equipment, too." Marcus instructed before walking back out of the room. I frowned as I turned to see Adam wearing the same face himself.

"This guy." Adam mumbled as he jumped off. I nodded.

"I know. He's got a major attitude problem." I said, mocking Marcus' earlier comment. Adam laughed as we walked back out of the room and into the gym area.

"And that kind of attitude doesn't fly around here. I think we're going to need his father's phone number." Adam whispered teasingly before making his way to the center of the gym. "Attention gym goers, now is your time to exit the building because it is closing time. Please fill out a comment card on your way out if you enjoyed your time here." Adam yelled before walking back to my side. I watched as Adam clapped his hands together in triumph.

"Adam, they don't have comment cards." I whispered worriedly. Adam laughed once more as he turned to face me fully.

"I know that. But it will tick off Marcus, won't it? And I'm new here, I don't know what I'm doing." Adam added before someone got his attention. He turned around to see an old woman about seventy five standing behind him happily. Adam plastered a smile on his face as he leaned down to her level. He was only about two feet taller than her. Note the sarcasm.