Chapter 18

Original Stats:
826 Views. 22 Votes. 25 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

Chapter 18

━━━━━━━━━

I walked without a word as he drug me around Main Street. I was bored. Really bored. He said that we were going to see a movie and then to dinner. Yeah, that was a lie. Getting to know each other while walking wasn't exactly my thing. Especially when half of the university students were walking around and pointing me out. Every one of them knew of me and Chase, but not of me and Marcus.

"Are you okay?" Marcus whispered as we walked along. I wanted to just come out and say it. Say that I hated this. My feet were hurting, probably because I needed a new pair of shoes, and I was pretty much forcing myself on this date. No, I was not okay.

"I'm fine. But, didn't you say we were going to the movies?" I asked. I really hope this was getting somewhere because, again, I hated this. Marcus smiled slyly as he squeezed my hand. We walked in silence for another minute before he stopped abruptly.

"I'm sorry for the long walk, but, there was no parking down here." Marcus stated as he glanced up to the sign above us. I followed his gaze until my eyes set on the small theater on Main Street. I felt my heart flutter slightly. He hasn't taken me to the disgusting theater by the mall.

"Marcus..." I left off. He shook his head.

"No need to thank, I wanted our first official date to be special. Now, let's to watch a movie." Marcus said without another word. He lead me inside to see that practically no one was in the main area of the theater. He walked us over to the small concession stand where a worker stood behind the small glass display case. I smiled and looked through it before seeing my favorite candy sitting right there.

"She will have the mini m+m's please." Marcus finished as he pointed them out. I smiled and looked over to him.

"How'd you know?" I asked. I was hoping I wasn't that obvious.

"Your eyes got bigger when you saw them." Marcus whispered teasingly into my ear. I rolled my eyes before the worker handed me the candy. Marcus picked out a snickers and two water bottles for us.

"Let's go." I urged before he pulled me back into the single showing room that the theater had. I smiled as I looked up onto the wall to see they showed only older movies in here. Not the new ones that the theater across town had. I was kind of happy about that, I wasn't exactly wanting to see any of the newer movies. Marcus lead me back to the back row, the room completely empty except for us. We sat down in the back of the theater, the movie starting almost right after that. I smiled as I recognized the beginning credits.

"How did you pick this one?" I questioned hopefully. This was way better than I thought today would be. He laughed and shook his head before he reached over slowly and took my hand in his. I bit my lip to hide the smile that rested on my face as he interlocked our fingers.

"Who doesn't like Tangled?" Marcus whispered against my neck. I nodded, knowing that was completely true. I hadn't met someone yet that didn't, that was for sure. I leaned over, letting my head rest against his shoulder as he let his arm wrap around my shoulders. I sighed into his chest, hating that I loved this moment so much.

"You're not watching the movie." Marcus whispered. I shook my head.

"What's your favorite movie?" I asked out of the blue. I felt like we barely knew each other, and yet I had put my whole life on pause just to try things with him. He smiled before he sat in thought. I could tell he already knew exactly what movie was his favorite. But he did seem like he wanted to say the right thing to me.