Chapter 28 - Part Three of the Five Part Wedding Event

Original Stats:
610 Views. 28 Votes. 21 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

Chapter 28 - Part Three of the Five Part Wedding Event

━━━━━━━━━

"It'll be almost like a Christmas Party at Perry's... Except better... And it won't be Christmas... And minus the smell of cat food and baloney." Leo teased as he reached for Jannel's hand in the elevator. I laughed and rolled my eyes as I leaned back against the wall. The six of us headed out a little earlier to oversee the getting the rehearsal dinner ready process. Our party was up on the second floor of this event hall... Place, that Jannel had picked out, so we were now in an elevator.

"How in the world did you come up with that, Leo?" Chase asked as he sent me a teasing smile. I bit my lip to keep from laughing as the doors slowly slid open. Leo shrugged.

"I'm just cool like that." He brushed off as the six of us walked out into the medium sized room. The entire place was a dark wood color while a large table sat at the center of the room. The room went back a little ways with a makeshift alter at the back wall so those of us in the wedding could practice for tomorrow. Apparently practice made perfect or something.

"When does this shin dig actually start?" Adam asked as he walked around the table to the back along with the rest of us. Jannel reached into her clutch and pulled out her phone to check the time.

"About twenty minutes. Everything looks ready, though." Jannel answered before Leo grabbed her hand and pulled her over to the alter.

"Jannel." He started, a slightly serious yet teasing tone to his voice. "Will you be my wife." Leo asked with a smile. Jannel laughed and nodded.

"I think I made that choice a couple months ago. But yes, Leo, I will." She replied before leaning over and kissing his cheek lightly. I rolled my eyes and turned to Chase.

"Where do you think we'll be sitting?" I asked as I motioned to the table. He laughed and pointed to the opposite side.

"Probably where our names are placed." He joked as I glanced over and saw Bree Henderson written out clearly in cursive. I shook my head and pulled him over.

"I shouldn't have expected less of Jannel." I agreed before placing the strap to my purse over the back of the chair. Chase placed his hands on the back of his chair as I turned around to face him. "Is it crazy to think that Leo and Jannel will be getting married at this time tomorrow?" I whispered. Chase nodded knowingly.

"I guess I never really thought about it until now." He said back before we looked over to see Mr. Davenport, Tasha, my dad, some lady I didn't know, and Sabrina. I felt my chest stop moving at that. She, was Amy... My dad's new girlfriend.

"That's Amy, isn't it?" I whispered to Chase. He turned towards me to see where I was looking and nodded slowly.

"She sure is. That and the fact that they're holding hands." Chase whispered with a smile. He reached for my hand and squeezed it reassuringly. "They met in New York." I frowned and looked up at him.

"And you decided to wait to tell me till now?" I asked in fake anger. Chase held up his empty hand in defense.

"I wasn't even sure if they liked each other over there. Plus, she looked slightly annoyed every time she saw him." Chase defended. I shook my head.

"Everyone's annoyed with my dad." I teased before feeling a tap on my shoulder. Chase and I turned to my left to see my dad and Amy standing happily before us.