Chapter 19

Original Stats:
827 Views. 33 Votes. 24 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

Chapter 19

━━━━━━━━━

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. Very sure."

"Really?" I rolled my eyes and leaned back on the couch of Adam's new apartment. Caitlyn had gone off to a check up with Jannel while twiddle dumb and twiddle dumber interrogated me for the fifth time since last night.

"Yes! I am. I like Marcus, and Chase and I have been over for like... A month and a week." I defended as I crossed my arms over my chest. I wasn't exactly looking to explain myself to these two... Again.

"Five weeks if you will." Leo teased, a sly smile on his face. I groaned and threw my head back.

"I know that it's bad, but I really do want to be with him-"

"I don't think you do." Leo said simply as he stood up. Caitlyn's apartment was slightly bigger than Adam and Leo's old one. It would be perfect for her, Adam, and the baby.

"Leo!" I hissed through my teeth. I was done with this. I had been living in my apartment, not leaving for five weeks. I was done living like that. Chase didn't want me, end of story. I couldn't keep dealing with stuff like that.

"Bree, just think about what you're doing. Marcus broke you and Chase up. If it wasn't for him, you two might be engaged right now." Adam pointed out. I shook my head. Chase and I would have never gotten married. I was sure of it. He was simply planning on being like... I don't even know. Those couples that never get married. I couldn't handle that. I needed to know that he wanted he to be together forever, and not just for a little bit. I thought he knew me better than that.

"I know exactly what I'm doing, thank you very much. I like Marcus, and he likes me. Why can't we date?" I asked before standing up off the couch. I threw my jacket over my arm and pulled my bag up onto my shoulder before walking to the door.

"Bree, wait." Adam tried. He stood up and made his way towards me. I sighed and turned around to face him.

"What?" I asked lowly. I didn't want to be criticized any more.

"Just... Be careful. We both know what Marcus is capable of. I don't want you to get hurt." Adam whispered, not loud enough for Leo to hear.

"I don't need to be careful." I finished before walking out of the apartment. I sighed and leaned back against the now closed door. I could hear Adam walk back over to the couch at the other side of the room. This was stupid. They were treating me like a little kid. Like I didn't know what I was doing. Well, they were wrong. I knew exactly what I had gotten myself into. That was the difference.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket as it began to ring with a particular ring tone. My face lit up as I answered it.

"Hey." I breathed as I began to walk down the hallway.

"Hey yourself. Where are you?" Marcus asked teasingly into the phone.

"At Caitlyn and Adam's. They just had to ask me a few more questions about everything. But Adam picked me up and now I have no way of getting home." I replied, leading at the one fact I was hoping he would get.

"Oh really? Cause I just so happen to be in the neighborhood with a pizza. How about I pick you up and we go eat over at your place?" Marcus suggested. I smiled happily as I bounced down the steps. I wanted that so badly right now.