Chapter 21

Original Stats:
665 Views. 26 Votes. 38 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

Chapter 21

━━━━━━━━━

I rolled back over and pulled the blanket over my head as I willed the stupid knocking to stop. This had been going on for five minutes! It was... Four in the morning! Who in the world gets up this early? Not me, that's for sure. But apparently everyone loves to stop by here this freaking early. I can't even count how many times someone has stopped by here instantly assuming that anyone in this apartment is awake.

"Bree. What if there's like a murderer that like, really wants to kill us." Leo whispered as he walked into my room and lunged onto my bed. I groaned quietly before I threw the blanket off of myself.

"If you thought it was a murderer why didn't you check to see who it was?" I asked. Leo seemed like the smart kind of kid who would go check to see who it was before coming to me. But no. That year age difference... I guess.

"Because it could be a murderer that wants to kill us." Leo repeated. I rolled my eyes.

"Murderers like to kill people, Leo. You don't need to say that the murderer wants to kill us. It's kind of understood." I muttered as I jumped up off the bed. I ran my fingers through my hair as I walked through the hallway and into the living room to still hear the knocking. This person knew we were in here.

"Bree, no!" Leo whisper-yelled as I reached for the doorknob. I held back another groan in annoyance of this kid. Did he really think someone who wanted to kill us would knock first? I guess if they had manners...

"What?" I whispered back. I was honestly trying to figure out who in the world was doing this. They had some serious patience, that was for sure. If they were even still knocking. I thought for sure our oh so loud Leo would have been heard through the door to the supposed murder by now.

"The murderer." Leo reminded. I nodded knowingly before I opened the door, completely against his will.

"But- hey. What are you doing here lovely lady." Leo said calmly. I held back a laugh at how his mood seemed to change the second he saw Jannel. Jannel bit her lip to keep from smiling at the fiancé she was supposed to stay mad at. This seemed like it would be harder for her in the long run. Oh young love.

"Leo. Adam said I would find you here." Jannel greeted simply. Leo nodded, seeming to understand what she was talking about.

"Yeah, he told me I couldn't crash at he and Caitlyn's cause of the baby coming and all." Leo rambled. I felt my mouth drop at that. Was he kidding me?

"So I was your second choice?" I asked in disbelief. I had genuinely thought he had come to me because we were both in the same boat, figuratively of course. Right now, if we were in a boat, he would be swimming back to shore.

"Hey, it's nothing personal. I kind of needed guy help but I honestly forgot that you are usually able to help me. So I then came here. So really, you should have been my first choice. But also, there was the chance that Jannel could have come here, but then I realized she would probably go to Caitlyn-"

"Okay, you're off the hook. Just stop talking." I interrupted teasingly. I did know the kid could talk, but I really wasn't ready for it this early in the morning. Especially when I was sleeping so good before all this started.

"So, Jannel. What's up?" I asked as a long silence overtook us. I knew why she was here, but I was guessing Leo didn't. She sighed and turned her full attention to Leo.