Chapter 11

Original Stats:
1K Views. 18 Votes. 28 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

Chapter 11

━━━━━━━━━

I sighed as I slammed my hand down on the alarm at my side. I was getting sick of these up all night things. Leo and Jannel had us stay up all last night even after their all night graduation ceremony the night before, just to watch wedding movies. They called it, 'practice'. I wouldn't ever understand.

"Do we have to go to work?" Chase mumbled as he wrapped his arms tighter around my waist. I laughed and nodded as I flipped over, coming straight into his bare chest as he pulled me into him. I sighed as I buried my head in the crook of his neck, not wanting to leave him to go see Marcus.

"Yes." I breathed. He huffed suddenly as he dropped me from his hold and jumped off the bed. I frowned as I watched him run his hand through his hair.

"I don't want to go. Can't I just follow you to work or something?" He teased, sounding slightly serious. I felt a worrying pang hit me at the mention of him coming to work with me.

"Why don't you want to go to work?" I asked, trying to turn the subject away from me and back over to him. I was done with this whole me and Marcus thing, anyhow. It was once. I never wanted to even see that kid again.

"Dad and Douglas got Marcus Anderson to train me today, and today only, just because they didn't want to do it. You remember that little creep, right?" Chase hissed trough his teeth as he set his hands on his hips angrily. My heart stopped as he said Marcus' name. This was not good.

"I do." I said simply as I rose from the bed, brushing my mangled hair out of my face as I looked from side to side. We had gone to bed at nine this morning, it was three in the afternoon now. I still felt exhausted.

"Well, what about it? Can I come to work with you?" Chase repeated as he walked around the bed and pulled me into him once more. I sighed and shook my head, he would have to find out about this sometime.

"Actually, you would see Marcus there, too." Chase frowned as he watched me closely, trying to find any signs of me kidding around. "Marcus is my boss at the gym. Adam's trying to find us a new job at the gym across town because he creeps me out... And he hates Adam." I explained. Everything I said was true, I simply left out the mention of my stupid 'date' with Marcus.

"Really?" Chase asked, the disbelief in his voice incredibly evident. I nodded, hating that it was true.

"Yep. Now, let's go get ready because now I actually want to go to work. He won't be there to annoy me!" I cheered as I walked over to my closet. Chase laughed lightly as he followed me over, setting his hands on my hips as he kissed my shoulder lovingly.

"Are you sure? We can't just leave town of something?" He whispered against my neck. I felt all hesitation leave me as he said that. It was so close to our two year anniversary though, we would be going on a trip soon enough. That, and our huge trip to Vegas for Leo and Jannel's wedding, and Caitlyn and Adam's eloping, are in March.

"But it's like a month until our two year anniversary." I whispered back, knowing that I would drop everything and go otherwise. That, and I had to try on bridesmaid dresses with Caitlyn after work. Jannel had picked them out after I left so we had to try them on. Chase groaned quietly behind me as he rested his chin on my shoulder.

"Fine. But you're letting me pick you up and take you to that bridesmaids fitting thing later." He ordered sternly as he walked out of my room. I laughed and shook my head as I picked out my work clothes. I had been skeptical about the lockers thing simply because there were no locks on them so I just brought a bag with extra clothes. I shoved a tank top and shorts into the bag before pulling in my work clothes and brushing out my hair, pulling it up into a high pony tail soon after. Chase walked down the hallway, still in his pajama pants and no shirt, something that had stopped me dead in my tracks all too many times. I laughed as I remembered the week we got together. That had been almost two years ago. Stupid buddies rule.