Chapter 2: Project

Repeating the Slytherin password in his head, Harry walked towards the dungeons.

Inside Draco's room stood a worried mess. A disheveled Draco was pacing back and front, frantically trying to put on his tie. He buttoned his shirt and smoothed it out. He swept a hand through his hair, and his messy bangs fell onto his face. There was a knock at the door.

Shit.

Draco took a quick look in the mirror and ran to the door. He opened the door and there stood Harry.

But Draco couldn't say anything to him. Why?

Because he had had the biggest crush on Potter since second year. He hid it wonderfully well, considering that everyone thought that Draco despised Harry and vise versa.

Finally, Harry broke the silence. "So, can I come in?" He asked awkwardly.

"U-um, yeah, sure," Draco muttered.

Draco's thoughts raced.

Why'd you do that, idiot? Now he probably thinks you're stupid!

Draco shut the door and offered Harry a spot on the couch. Harry sat down and pushed his hair back.

It took Draco all his willpower to keep from blushing.

"God, he looks so cute when his hair is like that!"

Draco sat down next to Harry.

"We better get started," Harry said, opening his textbook.

"Yeah, let's start then," Draco agreed.

They both reached for a paper, and their hands touched each other. Draco jerked his hand back, and left a blushing Harry. After what seemed like forever, Harry cleared his throat.

He pulled his hand back and took out a quill. Looking over the directions, he explained, "We have to make a potion from scratch Malfoy, so which one did we get?"

Draco grabbed his paper and looked through the list. "We were assigned Felix Felicis,"

Harry replied, "Ok, sure."

Draco leaned against the couch and tried to clear his head. Instead, his mouth did the opposite. "Hey, Potter, remember in first year I offered you a handshake?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I-I'd like to offer that to you again. Um, maybe we could be f-friends?"

Draco winced in his head. That had sounded so dumb.

Harry was caught off guard with this message, but after a second of hidden shock, he smiled.

"Yeah, sure Malf-Draco," Harry corrected himself mid-sentence. "And you can call me Harry."

Draco smiled back. "Ok, yeah, then I guess I'll see you tomorrow."

Harry got his books and walked towards the door. He gave Draco a little wave before shutting the door behind him.

With the door shut, and Harry gone, Draco fell onto the couch. Blushing, he hugged his pillow.

Oh my god. I can't believe that just happened.

Draco's eyelids fluttered and before knowing it, he fell asleep.

On the other side of Hogwarts, Harry was returning back to his dormitory.

It isn't that late, so Hermione and Ron probably aren't asleep yet.

Harry told the fat lady the password, which was Fortuna Major. He entered the room as quiet as possible, hoping not to wake up anyone. As he expected, Ron and Hermione were there.

"Hello, Harry!" Hermione chirped. "How was your evening?"

Ron interrupted before Harry could answer. "Harry, are you ok? You look flushed."

Harry looked into the mirror. Surprisingly, he was blushing.

Because of Draco?

Harry ignored the fact that his face was pink and turned back to Ron. "It's probably nothing, Its just cold outside."

Ron shrugged.

"Well anyways, it's getting late, so you should all get some sleep," Hermione stated as she picked up all her books and headed towards her bed. "See you tomorrow!"

"Night, guys."

Harry took his things and put them away. He jumped onto his bed and pulled his blanket all the way up. Between taking off his glasses, putting them next to the bed, and staring into darkness, Harry didn't even notice when he fell asleep.