Chapter 14: Study

The next morning, Harry woke up with a yawn. Ron was already awake, and focused his attention on his friend. "Hey, did you sleep well?"

Harry rubbed his eyes and responded, "Yeah, I guess. Just a little stressed. Well, I guess we should get ready." Ron's stomach grumbled.

"Yeah, we should probably go get breakfast." He said. They both got on their robes and took all their books and climbed down to the common room. Hermione was already sitting there, reading Hogwarts: A History for about the 100th time in her life. She glanced up and got up to her feet.

"Hey, guys! Did you sleep well?"

Harry was the one to answer. "Yeah, we were just going to breakfast. Are you coming?"

"Yeah, sure, let's go!"

The 3 of them walked down the hallway to the great hall. It was surprisingly more crowded than usual, and they searched through the sea of people to find a seat. On the other side of the room, Draco and his friends entered the great hall. Headed toward Harry, Draco walked his way. He accidentally bumped into Harry and dropped a piece of paper. He mouthed the words Read it and stepped back. "Watch where you're going, Potter!" He exclaimed and went past him.

Hermione had found a seat by then and she motioned for Harry to come over. Ron looked at him weirdly. "What was that about?" Harry showed both Ron and Hermione the folded up note. He opened it up and with great handwriting, it said, Meet me at 7:30 tonight. My room. Draco xoxo.

Hermione looked at Harry. "Aw, Harry, that's sweet. I'm happy for you." She said in a quiet voice. Harry felt his cheeks turn light pink.

Ron looked at him. "God, it must be awful pretending to hate him. Do you know when you're going to out yourself?"

Harry shook his head. "I guess when we feel like it."

"That's fair enough."

Draco glanced at Harry across the room.

It was really a miracle for them to have fallen in love with each other. On the outside, they couldn't have been more different.

He looked at this watch. It was only 7:00 a.m. Twelve and a half more hours to go. He looked down at his breakfast and sighed. The day dragged on.

-Time skip-

Harry dragged himself into the boy's dorms. His bag was heavy as a bag of rocks. Exams would be coming up in a few months, and the homework was really growing. He glanced at the clock. It was 7:20. Finally, he could have some relaxation.

But Hermione's words popped into his head. You should study, Harry, especially the subjects you're bad in. It's never too early! He groaned and put his hand on his face. He didn't want to admit it, but she was right. His grade in Herbology wasn't exactly O.W.L. level.

He slung his bag over his left shoulder and took his invisibility cloak. He couldn't risk being seen. He put it on and headed down the hallway to the dungeons. He knocked on the door very gently and took a step back.

Draco opened the door and seeing no one was there, took on a confused look. Harry pulled the invisibility cloak down and laughed. Draco's face softened. "Oh, it's you," he said. "Come in." 

Harry stepped inside. The couch was filled with quills and books. "So I see you've been studying for the exams too," Harry mentioned.

Draco put a hand in his pocket and the other one through his hair. "Yeah, I guess I'm kind of a secret nerd."

"Well, in that case, could you help me study?"

"Sure, what subject?"

"Er....herbology."

Draco grinned. "I'm actually kind of good at that. I just pretend I'm not."

Harry lightly pushed Draco. "That's dumb."

"It's for the aesthetic," Draco manged to say, laughing. He sat down on the couch. "Show me what you need help with."

Harry sat down next to him and opened his book. "The research on the Whomping Willow project." Harry stopped. "Not that I haven't had very up close and personal experiences with that tree."

Draco started laughing again. Harry lightly punched his shoulder. "Sorry," he said. "Ok, so...."

Draco launched into a full explanation. After 40 minutes, Harry's essay had already been finished. "Wow, I never knew you were this nerdy."

"But I'm missing one thing," Draco replied. He took the glasses off Harry's face and put them on himself. "How awesome do I look?"

Harry smiled. "I would answer that if I could actually see." He took the glasses and wore them again.

"So what do you want to do?"

"Just spend time with you, honestly. These exams are making me really stressed."

"Well, that can be arranged," Draco said with a smirk. He put his hand through Harry's hair. Harry locked his fingers through Draco's and kissed his cheek.

Laying there together, both of them had the same thought.

God, I'm so lucky to have him.

With a deep breath, Draco said, "Hey, um, Harry, I've thought it over. I want to tell my parents this summer. I don't care what they say, I love you."

Harry turned over on the couch. He stared into Draco's silvery eyes. "Yeah, and what about the rest of the school?"

"The end of the year?"

"Yeah."

Draco looked into Harry's emerald green eyes, which shone in the moonlight, leaned forward and kissed him.