Chapter 19: Starlight

By the time they apparated back to the Weasley's, most of their family had gone to sleep, except for Charlie and Bill, who were playing exploding snaps in the dim moonlight. Harry waved good night to them both as he and Draco silently crept up the stairs. As Harry shut the room's door and turned on the light, he noticed Draco's solemn face. 

"Hey, you ok?" he asked softly. Draco sat down on the bed and looked out the window, not replying. There was a silence before Draco answered.

"Harry, I'm happy for you. But it's not going to be the same for me. Half the wizarding population hates me. My own father hates me. No one thinks I'm good enough for you."

"That's not true, Draco. You've proved yourself so many times. And you're not your dad. You're better off without him."

He smirked. "You know, saying the same thing over and over again doesn't make it true."

"Shut up. You know I love you."

"What if my father-" Before he could finish, Harry cupped his cheeks and kissed him softly.

"I don't give a damn what your father thinks, Draco. He's vile and cruel. And you're nothing like that."

Draco fell back onto the bed. "I'm tired. Let's talk about the bad things tomorrow."

Harry rolled his eyes. "How about we never talk about those things?"

Draco sighed and kissed his cheek. "Let's just not talk."

Harry rolled over and fell asleep with Draco in his arms as the window sprinkled both of them with the stars that lit up the darkness.