Chapter 9: Skate

Harry sat at the edge of the bed while he watched his friends pack. Snow was piling up outside, and the sun was out. Ron stuffed his previous year's sweater into his suitcase. On the other hand, Hermione carefully folded her clothes up and placed them nearly into her bag.

Ron looked at Harry with a sad face. "Don't worry, Harry, I'll write to you a lot and definitely bring you a gift."

Hermione nodded. "Harry, have fun and be careful, ok? We'll miss you a lot!" She hugged Harry and zipped up her bag. "Are you ready, Ron?" she asked. "We're going to be late." Ron gave a last shove to his bag and forcefully zipped it up. He hugged Harry and left with Hermione. Harry felt a tinge of sadness to see his friends go. But now he could go see Draco. He waited until most of the students had left, then headed to the Slytherin hallway.

He lightly tapped on the door and Draco immediately opened it. He shushed Harry as he closed the door lightly behind him. "A lot of the Slytherins are still here, so we can't stay here," Draco whispered.

"Come to the Gryffindor room, then," Harry answered. "All the students are gone."

"Um, ok, let's go."

They snuck out into the hallway and with their fingers laced together, entered the common room. Draco looked around. "So this is where the famous Harry Potter lives. First time I've visited a celebrity's house," he smirked. Harry lightly shoved him. Draco laughed back. "Sorry, I couldn't help it."

Harry walked to his bed and sat on the side. Draco sat down next to him and laid down. Harry put his head down next to him. "So," Draco muttered, "What do you what to do now?"

Harry's face lit up. "The lake's frozen over, let's go ice skating!"

Draco looked down. "What's wrong?" Harry asked in a worried voice.

"Um, it's just that I-I've never been ice skating before." Harry laughed. He stood up, grabbed Draco's hand, and pulled him up too.

"Don't worry, I'll teach you."

"Ok, yeah, let's go."

Harry put on his coat, and turned to Draco. With a smirk, he said, "Wait here, I'll be back." He ran to his closet and pulled out a sweatshirt. On the back, it had the word Potter and varsity number 14. He handed it to Draco. "Here, just wear this for now instead of going to get yours."

Draco's mouth slightly opened. "What if someone notices?"

"No one's going to be at the lake. They're probably at the Great Hall for breakfast. Trust me."

Draco nodded and slipped the sweatshirt over his head. It smelled like ink and somehow, quidditch.

Harry took his skates, as did Draco. Walking through the hallway, they stepped outside and walked to the lake together. Harry leaned against the tree and tied up his skates. Draco put his skates on and tied them with a motion of his wand.

Harry carefully stepped out onto the ice. He took a long stroke forward, and turned towards Draco. "Come on!" he shouted.

Draco put one foot on the ice and then put his other foot forward. "Are you sure about this, Harry?"

"Come on, Draco, it's fun!" Draco leaned forward, and immediately lost his balance. His feet slid across the ice and he fell into Harry's arms. He put his arms on Harry's shoulders and stood up with his support. Harry let go and Draco tried his hardest to stand up. Miraculously, he didn't fall over.

"That's great, come on, skate towards me now," Harry guided. Draco shook unsteady and pushed off with his back leg. He wobbled, but manged to stay upright. He took another stride, and ended up in front of Harry. Draco smiled goofily.

"Hey, that was fun!" he said

"See, I told you could do it," Harry said. "This is what muggles do for fun."

Draco skated to the other side, and Harry followed him. But then he lost his balance. Surprised, Draco fell down backwards. Harry circled him and offered him both his hands. He pulled Draco up and smiled.

After quite a while, both of them got tired. "Hey, do want to go back now?" Harry offered.

Draco looked his way. "Yeah, sure." He sat down against the tree and began to untie his shoelaces.

As Harry watched from a distance, he got butterflies in his stomach. As he stared at Draco with his blond hair, rosy cheeks, and oversized sweatshirt, a sudden realization struck him. I love him. I love Draco Malfoy.

He walked over to Draco and sat down beside him. He gave Draco a kiss on his forehead and looked into his beautiful silver eyes.

Draco stared at Harry. His hair fell perfectly onto his glasses, and his scar was covered with his bangs. I love him. Draco blushed and looked down.

They both got up, and hands linked together, walked back inside.

◇ I based this chapter off Yuri!!! On Ice because I started watching it. And one thing I wanted to say was that somehow Draco and Harry had ice skates laying around, but to be fair, they had magic, so..... I'll also probably be writing more because I started my winter break◇

(ALSO I HAD TO REPUBLISH THIS BECAUSE OF AN EDITING PROBLEM)