Chapter 8: Break

Harry knocked on Draco's door. The door opened and instead of seeing a cute blond Malfoy, Blaise stood there.

"Um, is Dra-Malfoy there?" Harry stopped himself mid sentence.

"He is, he told me to let you in," Blaise replied.

"Oh, um, all right," Harry answered and stepped in. "Where is he exactly?" he asked as he set his books on the table.

Balise raised an eyebrow. "He's at Dumbledore's office, to talk about his wonderful Defense Against the Dark Arts essay."

The werewolf essay? Wow, who would have thought? Even Hermione had a bit of trouble on that one.

The door opened and Draco then walked in. "You have a guest," Blaise said, pointing at Harry.

"Thanks," he said to Blaise, who then left.

Draco jumped on the sofa next to Potter. He kissed his forehead lightly.

"Blaise doesn't know........about us, right?" Harry questioned Draco.

"I promised you I wouldn't tell anyone, and I won't break that," he replied.

Harry laughed. 'What was that at the beginning of potions, anyways?"

Draco blushed. "I wanted to surprise you, but I didn't know Weasly and Granger were going to be there with you," he explained.

Harry smirked at Draco's embarrassed face. His cheeks were bright pink, and Harry thought he looked absolutely adorable.

Draco stared into his emerald eyes. Suddenly, he leaned forward and kissed Harry. He put his arms around Potter, and Harry put his around Draco. The moment lasted for what seemed like forever, until they pulled away.

Harry looked into Draco's eyes, but Draco looked at the ground. "I've wanted to do that since I saw you in that robe shop," Draco said quietly. He brought his gaze to Potter's face.

Harry smiled at him. "Are you going home for winter break?" he asked.

Draco's smiled slightly faded. "No, my parents are busy."

"I'm not either, the Dursleys want nothing to do with me."

Draco frowned. "Well, then they don't see how great you are." He pulled Harry into a tight hug and kissed the top of his head.

"And if your parents don't have time for you, I do," Harry said and hugged Draco's arms. "Just one more day until the break starts," Harry reminded him.

They sat there together, losing track of time. And then they fell asleep.

◇In this chapter I made Draco like a secret nerdy kid, and also showed that he is not very close to his parents.◇