Chapter 21: Plan

The next day, Draco woke up in a drowsy state. He looked around and realized he was still in the stone cold cell. He made out a shape by the door, and when his vision returned, realized that it was his dad. "Fuck," he muttered under his breath, just loud enough for himself to hear.

Lucius walked over to the cell and slapped his son hard on the cheek. Draco moaned in pain. "Are you awake yet? The dark lord does not like to be kept waiting." He casted a Scourgify at Draco, which immediately cleaned up his dirty white shirt and black pants. He led Draco to one of the meeting rooms. Lucius opened the door and sat his son down on the long end of the table. He took the ropes off his son's body and whispered in his ear, "Don't try anything stupid," stabbing his own wand into Draco's neck. He backed away and looked at the time, which was 3:00 p.m.

Exactly on the dot, the dark lord appeared almost like smoke into the room. "Lucius," he rasped. Lucius bowed down to him. Voldemort focused his snake-like eyes on Draco Malfoy, who sat quiet and vulnerable. "Draco," he commanded. "It is time."

Draco bit his lip. Saying anything would put his already useless life in danger. Voldemort walked towards Draco and pulled out his wand. He placed the tip of the wand on Draco's inner left forearm and began to mutter an incantation. Draco closed his eyes as his arm began to feel a burning sensation. He felt time go on like what felt forever until the pain finally ceased. He opened his eyes and saw the disgusting dark mark tattooed on his arm. Voldemort was already gone, and Lucius was standing next to his son.

"Now you are one of us. And you'll follow whatever we do, whether you enjoy it or not." He cast another Incarcerous and dragged Draco back to his cell. Before Lucius could leave, Draco stopped him.

"Where's Harry?" he yelled.

Lucius smiled. "Dead, hopefully," he answered and walked away.

Draco screamed in agony. He stared down at his mark in revulsion and scratched his arm over and over again until there were red lines covering his forearm. The mark was still left unscathed and unfaded. Draco screamed over and over again, hoping to get someone's attention, but his efforts did not help.

________________________________________________________________________________

At the Weasley's, Harry was going into a repressed state. He locked himself in the bedroom and wouldn't come out, even after the Weasley's multiple tries of persuasion. He clutched onto the blue blanket that Draco had been in as if his life depended on it. After his thoughts were finally enough in order for him to make a plan, he stormed out of his room and into Ron's.

"I'm going to save Draco. In case anyone asks where I am."

"Wait, what? If you're going, I'm coming with you."

"Ron, this doesn't concern you. Please stay here. I don't want you to get hurt."

"If Hermione was in danger, would you come to rescue her?"

"Yeah," he said admittedly.

"Then I'm coming. I know that Draco and I haven't been exactly best friends, but if you care about him, I'm going to help you."

"Then let's make a plan." 

They apparated to Sirius's house, where Remus also happened to be. Harry told them about the dilemma, and they both looked obviously distraught. 

"We have to help him," Harry begged.

Sirius rubbed his forehead. "We need a plan."

"We could call up the Order and have them help us," Remus added.

Sirius nodded and he Accioed parchment and a quill. He quickly wrote a brief message down and sent it to the various Order members.

Soon enough, the room was filled with the members of the Order of the Phoenix including Bill, Fleur, Fred and George, Tonks, Kingsley, Mundungus, Hagrid, and Hermione. Hermione immediately rushed to Harry's side and gave him and Ron a huge hug. 

"I missed you so much, guys!" Ron hugged her back passionately, but Harry barely let out a smile. "Are you ok, Harry?"

He cleared his throat. "You might be wondering why you're here. This is why," he said to the group. "So, Draco Malfoy has been kidnapped and is being held hostage by his abusive dad. His life is in danger and we need to save him."

"Why are helping Malfoy? He's a git and a bloody nuisance," asked Hagrid.

Harry smiled slightly. "He is a bloody nuisance, but- I sorta kinda fell in love with him. It's a hell of a long story."

Everyone gaped at him. "You're kidding Harry," Hagrid replied. When faced with Harry's shaking head, he asked, "Are you serious?"

Harry nodded. "To put it simply....we became friends last school year because we were partners for a project. Turns out he only bullied me because he's had a crush on me since forever. We started dating after a while and we really like each other. He came out to his parents and his dad disowned him. Then he got a letter allegedly from his mom and when he opened it, he disappeared to who knows where. The letter said, 'Time's up. The dark lord is waiting. Prepare to face a fate worse than death. -LM'. I know he's in danger and I really need your help to rescue him. Please."

"We'll help you Harry," Tonks nodded. "If he makes you happy, then we won't care."

Kingsley nodded. "Alright, then let's make a plan."

They all crowded around a table and laid down a piece of parchment. Hermione took a quill and drew a overhead map of Malfoy Manor.

"How do you know what it looks like? You haven't even been there," Harry asked.

Hermione rolled her eyes. "I read informational books, Harry."

Sirius pointed at the openings of the manor. "These are the places we can enter through. Do you know where he's being held?"

"There are cells in the basement. He might be in there." Harry raised his eyebrow.

"Well, let's go save him, then," Harry said.

"We need a plan, Harry," Remus replied. "If we rush in there, we'll all get killed."

Harry sighed. "Fine, but can we hurry? I'm worried."

"We'll enter through one of the side doors and then make our way down to the basement. I'll come downstairs with you, Harry. And the rest of you stay upstairs and keep guard?" The rest nodded.

"I suppose there will be death eaters swarming the place," Hermione added. "We'd best be prepared."

Harry took a deep breath. "Let's finish this."

◇ I've got a sudden burst of inspiration and I've decided I really want to finish this story. I re-read my old writing and realized that my old writing wasn't very good, but I definitely want to improve, and the only way to do that is by writing. I feel the plot line of the story was a bit rushed. When I started writing this, I didn't want angst or slow-paced writing, but I've come to realize that it gives a story a good plot line. After I finish this story, I would like to write another drarry fanfic, as they will always one of my favorite pairings, but I would like to intertwine my improved writing skills. To all the people that stuck with with this story, I'd like to thank you. I'll hope you'll stick with me through my future writing, which is bound to get better. I love all you guys. :) ◇