Chapter 7: Reaction

The next day, Harry caught up with his friends.

"Hey, guys, how are your projects coming along?"

Hermione was quick to answer. "Oh, it's going just fine, but Seamus can be a little annoying. He complains every once in a while because he wanted to be partners with Dean, but he's very cooperative otherwise."

Ron gave her a look. "Sheesh, Hermione, he asked for an update, not an speech."

Hermione rolled her eyes.

"Well, anyways," Ron continued. "Me and Neville-"

"It's Neville and I," Hermione corrected.

Ron sighed. "Fine, Neville and I are doing fine too, but Neville messes up once in a while, but I don't mind. What about you, mate? How are you putting up with Malfoy?"

"Oh, um, yeah, it's going fine, we've made progress," Harry said awkwardly.

"Oh, ok," Ron answered, but he was curious at Harry's reaction.

"Um, why don't we go to class now?" Harry interrupted Ron's thoughts.

Ron nodded, as did Hermione.

They walked to class very early, as they were the first ones there. Or so they thought. Because sitting on Harry's desk was the one and only, Draco Malfoy.

He flirtily smirked at Harry. Harry coughed loudly and shifted his eyes towards his friends. Malfoy went red in the face and quickly got down. He walked up to Harry and lightly shoved him back.

"Well, well, well, who do we have here?" Malfoy sneered. "The one and only famous Harry Potter. He has to be the first one anytime anything happens."

Harry stared back, unable to say anything. Ron stepped in front of Draco. "Shove off, Malfoy," Ron answered back, and to his surprise, Draco stepped back and went back to his seat.

Ron turned to Harry. "Are you ok?" he asked.

"Yeah, I'm totally fine," Harry replied.

Hermione neared them from where she was standing. "I wonder what that was about," she mentioned. Ron shrugged back. "Well, let's sit before class starts."

Harry took a seat and took out his potions book. He flipped to the Felix Felicis page, and reviewed the words for maybe the 63rd time in his life. He couldn't wait for this evening.

Hey guys, sorry if the chapters are a bit repetitive, but when Harry's winter break starts in the story, there will be more variety. So hang in there people! I also added a bit of Deamus in this chapter if you didn't notice already.◇