Chapter 18: Family

When they reappeared, they were in front of the Burrow, a house much smaller than Draco's.

Harry smiled when he saw it. "This is the first place that ever felt like a real house to me," he said, turning to his boyfriend.

Draco smiled at him. "Well then, what are we waiting for?"

Harry took his hand and pulled him towards the door. He knocked once, and Ron was already at the door a few seconds later. Ron's face lit up when he saw his best friend. "Oh! Harry! What are you doing here?" His face turned to Draco. "Hello, Draco."

"Hello," Draco said politely.

"Ron! It's nice to see you," Harry started. "And I'll explain later. Is it ok if we stay here for a while? If you don't mind? Sorry this is so sudden."

Ron's face broke into a smile. "Of course you can, mate! You had me worried there for a moment!"

Harry smiled and stepped into the house. "Come on," he motioned to Draco.

"Oh, um," Draco muttered.

Ron rolled his eyes. "Draco, you can come inside. You're not a prisoner."

"Yeah, I know that-"

Harry pulled his arm and dragged him inside, Ron closing the door behind them. Harry caught sight of Mrs.Weasley in the kitchen and looked at the two boys. "I'll be back."

He made his way across the kitchen, and smiled at Ron's mother. "Hello, Mrs. Weasley," he politely greeted her.

"Oh, hello, dear!" She exclaimed cheerfully. "What brings you here?"

"Oh, I- kind of have to tell you something."

"Yes?"

"The thing is that I'm, um, gay, and I'm actually dating Draco, and he's apologized and on good terms with Ron and Hermione, and um, we kind of need to stay here for a while to be safe," he blurted out in one long sentence.

Mrs. Weasley's face softened. "Harry, calm down. I thought you were hurt or something worse. Is that all?"

"Yes," he mumbled awkwardly.

She pulled Harry into a hug. "I don't mind at all, Harry. Is he here right now?"

Harry pointed towards Draco, who was now chatting with Ron about quidditch.

She walked over to him, smiling. "Harry told me everything. And you can stay here as long as you want."

Draco's face flushed bright red. "Thank you. And I'm really, really sorry. For um, everything," he mumbled, looking down at his polished shoes, mentally comparing them to Harry's dirty, old sneakers.

Mrs. Weasley looked surprised. "Oh, don't mind that. Let's just put the past behind us."

"Thanks."

She smiled and went back into the kitchen.

Ron looked at Harry. "Ok, follow me, I'll give you your room."

They followed Ron into a medium sized room with a bed, dresser and a mirror.

"You don't mind sleeping together, do you?" Ron asked.

Draco grinned and winked dramatically at Harry. Harry blushed and tried to hide a smile with his hands, and both Draco and Ron started laughing.

"Um, no, we don't," Harry replied, with a pink face.

"Ok, then I should probably go down and help my mom make dinner," Ron said, slightly embarrassed.