Chapter 5: Looks

The next morning, Harry woke up startled.

Where am I?

Harry looked around and saw Draco next to him, laid down on the couch like a puppy. He smiled and then glanced at the clock. It was only 5:00 a.m., but he needed to get back to his dorms. He grabbed a quill and piece of paper, and quickly scribbled down, "Went back to my dorm. Thanks for the blanket. - Harry" Harry put the note on the table and put his glasses on. He leaned forward, and surprising himself, kissed Draco's nose. Harry blushed a bright pink color.

He grabbed his books and tiptoed back to his Gryffindor room. He tried quietly creeping into bed, but Ron was already awake.

"Where have you been, mate?" he asked in an annoyed voice. "We thought you'd been cursed or something."

"I'm really sorry, Ron, but this project is worth a lot. Of course Snape had to give us the hardest potion to make."

Ron gave Harry a small smile. "Yeah, that's always tough for you. Sorry, Harry, I guess I just got worried, that's all."

"Well, I guess I'll get ready then, since it's almost morning already."

"You go on ahead," Ron muttered. "I'm too tired."

"You're always tired," Harry chuckled.

After most of the morning had passed, Harry caught up with Hermione and Ron.

"When did you come back last night, Harry?" Hermione asked with a worried voice. "Are you ok?"

"Yeah, Hermione, I'm fine," Harry reassured her. "I just needed to finish up a bit if extra work, that's all."

"Ok, but know that we're here for you, ok?"

Harry nodded and looked down at his stuff. Not watching where he was going, he knocked into another student and dropped everything in his hands.

A set of hands picked up Harry's glasses and handed them to him. Harry looked up. It was Draco. They looked into each other's eyes, and for a moment, the world stopped.

Hermione's voice rang out. "Are you okay, Harry?"

Harry quickly piled all his stuff and stood up. He mouthed the word, "Thanks" to Malfoy and faced Ron and Hermione.

"Don't worry, I'm fine, ok?" he said. "I just tripped."

Ron's face was pink. "That fool, Malfoy. He probably did that on purpose you make you fall."

Harry turned to Ron. "Ron, don't worry about him, alright? He's not worth it. Come on, let's go to class."

The three of them sat down in class just as Professer Snape started class. "I hope all of you have started your projects," he announced. "The potion must be set to brew by this Friday, which all of you know is Christmas break."

"This class we will be reviewing the potions we have all learned about. Who wants to explains what Felix Felicis is?" Snape's eyes wandered the room as one arm shot high up in the air. "Yes, Miss Granger?"

"Felix Felicis, also known as liquid luck, is a potion that gives luck to the user, but with consequences."

"Precisely. 5 points to Gryffindor."

Harry closed his eyes. He knew all of this already. Of course Hermione had helped him study. He looked at Draco. He sat with all the popular Slytherins, including Blaise and Pansy. Harry sighed. How could a Malfoy like a Potter?

Malfoy glanced back at Harry. He was everyone's favorite. Who could ever forget him? Well, definitely not someone who had kissed him the night before. He sighed. How could Potter like a bully like him?

Class went on and on, and Harry was bored by it all. The day continued, and finally it was the evening. Harry was really looking forward to this. For some reason, he was excited to go see Draco. But he couldn't show this, of course.

Before heading out, Harry added, "Guys, I'll be safe, ok? If needed, I might have to sleep over. So please don't worry about me. I want you to stay safe."

Hermione gave an approving nod, and Ron smiled.

Harry closed the door behind him and stepped out.