Chapter 20: Mail

Harry woke up, freezing. He turned to the side and saw that Draco was completely entangled in the blue blanket and there was none left for Harry. Harry sat upright and looked out the window. The sun shone in the distance and after looking at the clock, he figured the the owl mail would arrive soon. He looked at Draco's sleeping face and how peaceful he looked in the sunlight. Maybe everything would turn out to be alright.

He shook his boyfriend awake, who woke up in disgust. "Why'd you wake me so early?"

"It's already 6 a.m."

Draco rubbed his eyes. "I was having a good dream. You woke me up from that," he frowned.

"What happened in it?"

Draco smiled and leaned his head on Harry's shoulder. "I was sorted into Gryffindor instead of Slytherin. My dad was upset, but he couldn't really do anything about it. And then I hung out with you and your friends. It was odd." He smiled. "But it was nice."

Harry smiled, stood up and pulled Draco up along with him. "Let's go downstairs."

They walked downstairs as quietly as they could, as everyone was still sleeping.

Draco took out his wand and muttered a spell, after which eggs, flour, and water began to combine in order to make pancakes.

"Where did you learn that?"

"It was something I just picked up from reading the hundreds of books stored in Malfoy Manor."

"Well, I prefer doing things the muggle way. With my hands."

Draco rolled his eyes. "That's so old fashioned."

"Whatever," he laughed.

By the time breakfast was cooked, the Weasley family was downstairs and was appreciating their morning surprise. As they were eating, the mail came. The owl dropped off a envelope for Draco.

He clutched it in his hands, staring at the words written on the front. "It's from my mom." Everyone looked at him in suspense.

Harry bit his lip. "Are you sure? Couldn't someone have forged her signature?"

Draco shook his head. "The signatures are magical. No one can write the signature except the person whose signature it actually is. It has to be her."

"Go on then, open it."

With shaky hands, Draco slowly opened the envelope. As the entire message unfolded, a shrill scream filled the room and Draco vanished into thin air with a cloud of smoke.

"What the hell?" Harry grabbed the letter that was on the floor. He tried to make out the words that were left and managed to sputter out, "Time's up. The dark lord is waiting. Prepare to face a fate worse than death. -LM," before he broke down in tears. He fell to his knees on the floor as Ron rushed to his side.

"Hey, it'll be ok."

"No it won't! He's going to kill him! Don't you understand? And then he'll kill us all."

Molly came to his aide as well. "Harry, don't worry. We'll all help to get him back. You won't lose him."

________________________________________________________________________________

Meanwhile, Draco was going through a different hell. He had been transported to a cell in Malfoy Manor, right at his father's feet.

"Incarcerous!" Lucius yelled, which casted ropes that bound Draco's hands, feet, and body tightly. Lucius walked over to his son and crouched down to his level. He first took Draco's wand, which was stored in his back pocket. Then he lifted his chin with a single finger and smirked.

"You have one more chance. Join me now and I will look past our previous misunderstandings."

"No. Fuck you."

"Very well. The dark lord will be here tomorrow to brand you with a dark mark. Try not to make too much noise," he smirked, putting Draco into a bewitched sleep.

He left the room and walked over to the upstairs cell, where Narcissa was being held.

"Please don't do this, Lucius. He's just a boy."

"Exactly. A dumb boy won't last a day in the real world. I'm doing what's right for him."

"He knows what's right for him, Lucius, not you. Please," she begged.

"I don't need your opinion," he replied, casting a Silencio on her.