Chapter 1

*Toyas Pov *

I walked down the sidewalk, toward the corner store to pick up some cereal, milk and eggs. I never really wanted to get out much, too many hating females. But I took the chance because a bitch needed to eat. I constantly looked over my shoulder and behind me too be alert if any ratchet female wanted to pop off, this time I'm not getting jumped, I brought my pocket knife right along with me.

I walked pass the old burned down barbershop, and reminisce on the time I would sit in the chairs at the door just to watch all the cute men walk in and out of that place. My nose filled with the smell of burnt paint and wood.

Thinking about it made me smile.

I finally reached the store. I walked in as the door rang from my enter.

"Hey Ms. Lady "a familiar voice greeted me.

I continued to browse the shelves and replied back to his greeting.

"Hey there Mr. Green " I stated

Mr. Green was the type of wise man, whenever I needed someone to talk to , or just a warm hug , he would always be there. He was like my grandfather away from home.

"Say, how's ya mama doing?" He asked.

"Same old hag, still drinking, and acting like she ain't got a care in the world"

I lifted the sour cream & onion chip bag from the shelf, and walked to the produce isle.

"You know, your mother and I were great friends back then, we use to go to the park, ride bikes, hell if anything, and we loved each other. But I don't quite get why she changed the way she did" he said while cleaning the counter with Lysol all purpose cleaner, and a rag that he used for everything.

"Times are just harder you know "I said.

I picked up the eggs and milk and headed to the cereal aisle.

"Tell you what" Mr green added.

" Go get ya mama into some type of rehab, maybe ol' Eden Gardens that should help her".

Knowing mama, nothing could help her alcohol addiction. Not even the newest juice. I never really came to a conclusion to actually seek out Help for her, if she wanted it she go find it. She doesn't need me.

I got to the cereal aisle, noticing they were out of Reese's puff cereal, I knew Mr. Green always had some stashed in the back.

" Looks like your all out of my favorite cereal, Mr. Green you slacking, you suppose to be ready for my entry, with a box sitting on the counter, I am so disappointed" I joked.

"I'm still waiting on the delivery, we ran out of that cereal 2 days ago , I made a delivery call a week before that they still haven't shown up."

"Oh it's alright, I was just kidding"

"Why don't you check out the fruity puffs, they not too bad. Hell ' I used to eat them things everyday faithfully when I was young, grew out of them though, can't eat to much sugar with my diabetes."

I trusted his opinion and snatched up the cereal heading towards the counter.

Mr. Green rung up the food.

"That'll be $8.56 "He stated.

I reached in my Chanel clutch and pulled out a $10.

"Keep the change "I said while grabbing the bag.

I always tend to let him keep the change, knowing he needs it more than I do. Mr. Green been using insulin for the past 16 years, sometimes he struggles to pay the medical bill for it, so I always faithfully give him enough that I could to help him.

"Thanks Girly, I appreciate it a lot, say tell ya mama I said hi, and come by sometime" he said opening the register.

Knowing that mama hates coming down to the store, cause she know she would get lectured I agree to send the message, and left the store.