Chapter 15

It's been weeks since I havent heard from Devin

I'm guessing he's ok.

I been seeing my mom for the past 3 weeks, and still no sign of her moving.

I walked to the hospital window.

My phone rings , an " Unknown Number " pops up.

" Hello ? " I asked into the phone.

" Hey Stranger " said the male voice into the phone.

Not realizing who it was, I asked

" Who is this ?"

" Ghost " said the voice.

I thought and quickly put the pieces together.

" Hey Dev-"

" No ! Don't say my name .. Your phone could be tapped, just call me ghost" he interrupted me.

" umm, ok .. Ghost , how you been?" I asked moving back to the seat near mommas bed.

" I'm pretty good, staying low ... Relaxing .. Planning my next move .. Regular stuff , how about you?" He asked.

" Just checking up on my mother, and trying to hustle to stay on my feet"

I sat down starring at momma.

" Still no movement "

Devin sighed

" Shorty she's going to be straight , just keep ya head up , feel me"

" I try " I replied.

" Ok well I'm not going to hold you off anymore, just wanted to check up, and see how you was" Devin stated.

I really didn't want to get off the phone, but I didn't want to let him know.

" Ok , thanks for the call , I guess it's good to hear from you as well " I said nonchalantly.

" Alright shorty , take it easy , ill try to give you a call once in a while"

" ok , that's fine "

I hung up the phone.

There's something about Devin that gives me butterflies..

I looked at the clock, 5 more minutes till visiting hours are almost done.

I hate leaving her.

I packed up my things , and pecked her on her head.

" I love you mom " I whispered , as I tucked her in.

*One Week Later*

" Toya Emerson ?"

A lady in all white called out

I raised my hand, to let her know I was here

" Right here Ma'am " I said putting down the magazine and grabbing my purse.

" Ok, Come this way " She directed me to the back.

Hearing baby's crying and the voices of mothers trying to soothe them down, she opened a door , and directed me to go first.

Walking in, I looked around.

I never been here before.

" ok you can have a seat, the doctor will be in shortly" the women stated.

I sat down on which seemed to be a bed.

Starring at the big machine to my left, I heard a faint sound escaping it.