Chapter 17

I quickly backed up .

" No ... no Shaun , I .. I ... I can't " I denied.

He looked at me with a sincere face.

" What you mean no ?, I'm trying to make things better between us Toya " He walked towards me and caressed my face.

I moved his hand

" Shaun stop.. I can't ok . "

" Toya " he let out a deep breathe.

Feeling a mad vibe I tried to calm him down.

" I have this house to look after, and I don't want to leave knowing that my mom could loose this place "

" Look" he sighed in relief, " You can still move in with me, and Mail your mommas bills from the house, it's not rocket science" he chuckled.

The problem really was, I was scared to move in with Shaun, or be anywhere alone with him... at least here it's my place and I know what to do next time he acts up.

" I know , I know ... but I'd rather stay here, I'm comfortable here, I'd rather stay here and keep the house warm "

I could see Shaun's moods change ever so quickly with every " but " I let out.

He sat down at the counter chair

" Toya, it wasn't really much of a choice.. I want you to move in with me.. so I can be a family with you ... WE can be a family " he pushed the keys to me.

I watched as he got up

" I'll be here tomorrow to come get your shit, start packing "

As he walks toward the door I let out a yell

" No Shaun ! I'm not moving with you ! " Throwing the keys at him, I watched as he turned around.

He picked them up.

" Ok suit yourself "

He opened the door and left.

I knew this wasn't the end.