Chapter 11

* Toya*

I struggled to walk in, trying to make it unnoticed that I was in pain.

Looking around I spotted someone who I didn't want to see in a thousand years.

My Uncle.

I knew he was hipped to the game, but he quit once my grandmother died. He always told me never to chase the streets, to do good in school and get out the hood, since I was a little girl. I didn't expect to see him at all since the funeral, just my luck, we reunite on bad terms.

I tried to pull my hoodie over my head, and make my way around the living room to go to the basement.

" Toya ? you made it! " Max screamed Handing me a red cup with Hennessy in it.

Turning my back, so that my uncle wouldn't notice what Toya it was I quickly hushed Max.

" Shh, my uncles here and --"

" Toya?" a way to familiar voice said.

Shit.

I turned to meet the figure.

" Oh no, what are you doing here?" he said.

Remembering the reason why my grandmother died, I didn't want to say much.

" Handling business " I turned around.

" Business? what business, this is no business for you , why are you here?" he said confused.

I ignored him.

" Toya? I'm not going to ask you again! Why are you here?!" he raised his voice.

I flooded in rage.

" Why is it your business? I'm grown, my question for you is , why you here? , you got a family, don't you? this ain't no place for you to be!" I yelled.

He looked shocked.

" Grown?, your only 16 , you should be home studying, reading a damn book! go home" he ordered.

I chuckled.

" Sees you pretty much been gone for the longest, old man I am 19 years old, I passed school!" I said smartly.

" No you didn't , your still a child, this is no place for you"

" Mind your business, did you kiss you children goodbye before you left? Cause there is a slight chance, you won't come back, this is not a game. new generation, everybody got guns"

He started to tense up.

" I ... I'm sorry Toya "

Knowing he caught on to my meaning, I left the conversation as is. I walked to the basement.

Seeing a lot of people, I wanted to be center of attention with Max, so I followed him and pitched in on the meeting.

" Alright, So as y'all know, I got raided, not only by people, but opps, niggas who we hate, niggas who are walking dead men, the "STF " ( Shoot Them First ) gang. They stained my house, and now were going to stain there clothes. This should be understood, this is a all in or nothing thing , so if you not ready to come home wounded, or not come at all, I suggest you leave" Max Stated.

Seeing everybody stay in one place, we never was worried about loosing people.

" That's what the fuck I'm talking about, early bird catches the worm y'all , so Tomorrow morning , everyone should be here by 6:30 am sharp"

The basement door opened.

Everybody turned there attention to the figure walking down stairs.

Surprised and embarrassed to see Devin, my face flushed in color.