Chapter 17

"Hey " A voice said through the phone

"Hey what's up?" I replied.

" How's everything going, with your mom and stuff?"

" eh , same ... I just really gotten used to it now.. How bout you? Hows the " American Dream" comming along?" I asked as I flipped through the magazine in the waiting room.

" Its kind of boring, I'd would of pictured this as a smooth sail. But... No, more like my own death, silent and lonely"

" Oh come on , it can't be half bad, your away from city noise , gun shots , stress , what possibly more would you want if I were you, I'd take it all in"

" Yea, I know you would, that's why I wish you wer-"

" Bae come on , your breakfast is ready, who's that your on the phone with?" a female voice questioned

" I'll be there Ina few minutes , my foods not going to grow two legs and walk away babe relax, go ahead and start without me, I'll be there" Devin said directing her to leave

" No, you never come and eat with me, and you're foods going to get cold.. And I ain't warming it up! So bring your fine self to the kitchen and eat, I might have a snack for you also" The female voice got near to the phone

" Mmm ... A snack? What if I don't want it? And want a diffrent snack?" Devin said suspiciously.

" Different snack? ... Since when .. Who are you talking to Devin?!"

" Chill relax, I was only playing, go eat , I'll be there" Devin chuckled

" That better not be a female, cause I'll kill both of y'all think I'm playing" The voice left the room

" So you got any new snacks?" Devin joked

" Boy bye " I chuckled " Look like you got baby mama drama, you ain't even got no baby"

" Yea, she's a crazy one, but she not built for the thug life , you got nothing to worry about" Devin assured

" Well I got to go anyway, they finished drawing blood, lord knows I can't stand needles, but I'ma go in this room and keep her company, I'll talk to you later "

" When is later? Cause you always say that"

" Only if blocked calls could be traceable"

" Oh yea, my fault , I got you shorty, I'll call you later on"

" iight , take it easy"

" You too "

I hung up the phone.

My butterflies quickly became a knot.

I walked into the room, where my mother still laid lifeless.

There was a faint knock at the door

" Uh come in " I suggested

" Hello Ms.Emerson, I'm Dr.Brown, I am the doctor for your mother, I would like to ask you a few questions... May I sit?"

" Oh , uh yea .. Of course " I grabbed my purse from the chair

" So as you know, Your mother is in deep coma, and we have tooken blood samples, and everything is normal, she does have high blood pressure, which may of caused her coma to be deep, she is on life support and many patients who are on life support can stay on it for a year or so, how ever long they want, but if many signs are not leading to positive results, I'm afraid life support is not going to benefit that person"

" Wait so are you telling me, there's a chance that my mother won't wake up?!" I said confused

" That's not what I'm saying Ms.Emerson, your mother's lab results are normal, and her tests are fine, this is just to aware you that many people do have to be removed off life support .. "

" Well, if all her tests and results are fine , she's fine , she should be waking up right?"

" Yes Ms.Emerson, in due time she will awake, and be healthy, she might have confusion or loss of memory, but she will he healthy, I have a list of Rehab Rehabilitation Facilities, that are great in helping those with drug and alcohol abuse, I would prefer for her to go in to a Rehab right after her release, so please look over that, and if you have any questions, feel free to call me or the number listed, that's about sums it up" The doctor said rising from his seat " Your mom is in good hands, stay strong"

I got up from my seat, shaking his hand

" Thank You Dr.Brown " I said walking him to the door

" No problem "

I closed the door and walked back to my chair.

Turning off the Tv , I held mamas hand and began to pray.

Tears filled me eyes.

* 1 hour later *

Arriving back to my house, I seen a familiar car parked in the drive way.

It was shaun

I opened my door and pretended not to notice

" Wow, your getting big and beautiful" Shaun walked up to me , trying to lean in to kiss my cheek

I quickly mushed him

" Dont "

" Still hard feelings huh?"

" What do you want ? , I'm tiered and exhausted " I closed the car door , leaning against it

" Why do you always assume I want something? Maybe I'm here to give you something " He said stepping back

" What can you possibly give me besides headaches Shaun? " I asked Irritated

" This " He opened my hand and looked me in my eyes " This is what I want, and this is what I need"

SORRY FOR THE LONG TIME OF NOT UPDATING, I HAVE BEEN JUGGLING SCHOOL AND LIFE , I PROMISE TO START UPDATING MORE ..

. THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT AND ALL THE TIME TOOKEN OUT YOU GUYS DAY TO READ "IS THIS LOVE"

TRUST ME IT MEANS THE WORLD TO ME 11.8K READS IS SOOO AWESOME

PLEASE SHARE , VOTE , LIKE , PUT IT IN YOUR LIBRARY'S , TELL A FRIEND TO TELL A FRIEND !!

" IS THIS LOVE " IS BACK !!!! I LOVE ALL MY SUPPORTERS ❤

LOVE ,

~{LexyLex}~