Chapter 3

* Toya Pov *

After waking up from my nap, I looked around to see if my mother came back yet, no surprise she wasn't back yet.

My phone started to ring from a blocked number.

"Yea " I said

"Yo, you got that?" Said the deep voice.

"You know I got that, what you need and how much?" I asked.

"Umm I need 2 dimes of sour" he replied.

"Ok that's $20, not $15; I'm not taking any shorts no more..."

"Awe man, I got your $20 don't worry"

"Ok meet me in the cut"

"Ok I got you"

Hanging up my phone I head to my room, I remove my top drawer and reached in the back to grab my bag of weed, having it already packaged up, I removed two dime bags and put it back, placing my drawer back also.

I heard the door open, jumping because I knew my mother wouldn't come home this early, I grabbed my 9mm and walked toward my door and opened it.

Noticing it was my mom walking in; I placed my gun in my pants and reached for my hoodie that hung over the door.

"Hey mom " I said while walking towards the kitchen.

Not saying a word she sat down in the dining room.

Not smelling any alcohol, I quickly pinched myself to see if this was a dream, it wasn't.

"I'm uh going to step out to catch some air, I'll be back shortly" I said while making my way to the front door.

She didn't reply, I didn't stick around for an answer either.

Walking at this time of night was one thing I hate most, but when the papers calling I have to meet it halfway.

I arrived to the "cut" which was really a dark ally, but you can see where you're going, with a blurred light lamppost hanging from one building, I approached the black Sudan.

Removing my hoodie, I reached in my pocket for the two dimes.

He slipped me the $20, and I was on my way.

Walking back to my house I noticed not many people where out today, normally it will be around like 5 to 10 crack heads asking me for a freebie, or 2 to 4 prostitutes on the corner. But all was quiet. I was surprised.

I walked to the front of my porch and sat on the steps.

Did she really come into the house sober? What's going on? She normally would've been pissy drunk, smacking me around, but I didn't want to jinx it, so I set my mind to something else.

Turning my head to the left, I can see Mr. Green closing down shop. Knowing he would walk in my direction to get to his car, I remained seated, and waited for his arrival.

Not too long till he came strolling by.

"What you doing outside at a time like this all alone?" He asked.

Not wanting to tell him my business I proceeded with a lie.

"Just catching some air, my heads spinning. You going home?" I asked.

"Yea, got to feed my dog, she's probably eating everything by now" he chuckled.

I looked at him confused.

"Why don't you have a wife and kids?" I questioned.

He looked at me with an unsure look.

"Umm I don't really know, I just haven't really met someone yet, plus I'm already old now"

Smiling at his response, I say very warmful.

" You're not that old , and if anybody had you as a father, they'll be very lucky, so you better go make one before you get older" I joked.

He had a side smile that turned into a blank stare.

"What is it "I asked.

He snapped back to reality.

"Nothing, nothing, I just uh, I got to go miss, see you tomorrow" he said while walking off.

"Yea uh, goodnight Mr. Green" I said confused.

He looked back, and turned around and kept walking.

Not really making a big deal about how weird it was I got up and went inside.

Opening the door to the apartment I smelled grilled hamburgers and fries.

What the hell is going on?

I walked to the kitchen.

Noticing my mom cutting lettuce, I made my way to the uncut tomatoes, and started slicing.

She looked at me.

"You hungry?" she asked.

Nodding my head, I continued to slice.

Almost slicing my finger I jumped back.

"You okay" she chuckled.

"Yea I'm fine " checking my finger for any cuts.

She smiled and turns to the grill to flip the burgers that laid cooking on the George Forman grill.

"Toya, pass me the cheese in the refrigerator"

I walked to the refrigerator, and grabbed 4 slices of cheese and handed it to her.

"Mom what's going on?" I asked, not being able to keep the thought off my mind.

She continued to cook.

"I mean it's not weird or nothing but did you ... see the light or something?"

Realizing what I meant she placed the 4 slices of cheese on each hamburger and looked at me.

"Today I just felt like I needed something different to do"

She turned back around, cut off the grill and took all four burgers off the grill, and laid them on the buns.

Helping her I grabbed the slices of tomatoes adding them to the burgers, along with the lettuce.

"Is there juice" I asked.

"Yea there's a sprite in the refrigerator, grab that, don't touch my orange juice either greedy" she said jokingly.

I opened the refrigerator and grabbed the sprit, noticing something different, I finally realized it.

The left over alcohol was gone.

Not wanting to question her anymore, I just went on acting like I didn't know.

Watching her place the two plates on the table, and going for the fries, I grabbed two glass cups out of the cabinet and placed them on the table, while placing down the soda as well.

She came back to the table and we sat.

Barley touching her food, I was done with 1 burger and half of my fries. I started to worry.

"Mom, you ain't yourself, what's wrong?"

She stared down at her food.

"I mean, you never really kept anything from me, you never lied to me, why are you holding back now?"

She looked at me with a scared stare. As she opened her mouth.

"I haven't been completely telling the tru- "

The front door kicked open.

"POLICE! GET ON THE FLOOR NOW"

My mother quickly getting on the floor, I slowly slipped out of my chair, confused.

And laid on the ground.

Oh shit.

* WHAT'S GOING ON? , WHY ARE THE POLICE HERE? WAS TONYA GOING TO TELL HER? *

PLEASE COMMENT & VOTE, I HAVE A LOT OF GHOST READERS, SOON I WILL NOT BE UPDATING, BECAUSE YOU GUYS AREN'T DOING YOUR PART!

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS AND VOTES!

Thanks

~*Lexylex*~