Chapter 14

My ears rung to sound, my eyes stayed shut..

Did I die?

All I see is black, I tried calling out, but my mouth was covered by something.

My eyes slowly opened, still seeing black I tried to move, but something laid flat on top of me.

I pushed my arms toward the object and slid my body from under it. Feeling wetness soak the back of my T-shirt, I finally was free of the hold.

A stone cold face laid lifeless.

The cop was dead.

My ears became able to hear agian, as gunshots filled the air.

Unable to see through the thick gun smoke, I had no clue what was going on.

Seeing a gun to my left, I crawled to reach it, a large object fell out in front of me, blocking my way.

Another lifeless body.

I slowly got up, still ducking my head, I stepped over the body, grabbing the gun.

A bullet wizzed by my ear.

I ducked lower.

As my eyes adjusted to the scene, I quickly found cover behind a black table, flipping it on it's side, I ducked and checked the clip.

Only 4 bullets left.

Shit.

Waiting for a break in the gunshots, I peaked around the right side of the table.

Letting off a shot, I hit one in the back.

Resuming back into cover I jumped at a figure sitting next to me, he was checking his gun, and handed me 10 bullets from his hand.

" I thought you were dead " I said taking the bullets, starring at him.

" I am " he said reloading his gun. " I shot Ed through the back, but before that I inched away into cover, while everyone focused on you"

" So, what if you made a false move?" I asked.

" Couldn't , I'm dead" he said peering over the table, " Stay here, shoot whenever your in danger, don't draw attention to yourself" he ducked and ran from cover letting off 2 shots.

" Great Devin , I'll just sit right here" I said reloading my gun.

Hearing the groans of people getting shot, and they're bodies hitting the ground all I can do is flinch at the noise.

I closed my eyes for which seemed to be a second and Devin rushed to my side.

" Come on let's go " he grabbed my arm and lifted me up, still hearing gun shots, I ducked and ran through the foggy warehouse.

Reaching the door a car pulled up, and out hopped 4 members with guns.

" Get in " Devin said

" No , I don't know who these people are" I replied.

Devin grabbed my arm and flung me in the van, then he jumped in following the four gun men standing watch.

I sat up against the wall of the van as Devin switched his clothes.

Revealing his cut body, and 6 pack I turned my direction to the front as he saw me look at him.

He chuckled " I seen you look it's ok" he said taking off his pants " you have to change too"

I looked at him

" Pfft I'm fine, I can handle a little blood and guts "

He chuckled and moved next to me.