Devins Pov

As I walked away, I couldn't help but be over whelmed with her beauty.

She must have a boyfriend.

As I reminisced on her beauty , my phone rang.

" Hey Hun , while your out can you get some spaghetti sauce, bring like 2 jars please" the female voice said into the phone.

" Yea sure no problem" I replied.

" Ok thanks baby , I'm going to get started on dinner" she said.

" Ok, be there in a sec"

I hung up.

I walked to the check out register and checked out.

Walking to my car, something was telling me to go check on Toya, see if she needs anything.

I shook my head. She's straight.

On the way out the parking lot, I rode by her house.

Seeing her car and another car in the drive way I proceeded to my house. She probably has company over.

Making my way to my house, I stepped out the car, I could smell the food from the outside, my stomach argued to hurry up and go eat.

" Hey baby " my girlfriend walked up to me and kissed me.

I put down the bags and pecked her cheek.

" I'm going to change into something comfortable, ill be down Ina bit" I said walking upstairs.

I opened the room door, pulling out everything out of my pockets.

Taking off my pants, my phone rang, alerting me I had a text message.

It read.

- Hey Bro , We Got A Meeting Tonight At 7 Be There Before Time! We Got Shit To Discuss.

'Max.

I texted back:

- Ok Cool , Where Is It Going To Be At Bruh?

'Me

Waiting about 2 mins my phone alerted me.

- At my House , In The Basement.

'Max

- Ok I'll Be there.

'Me

Setting my phone down I looked at the clock.

It was 6:15

I know Sarah wouldn't be ok with it, I'm always leaving her at times we should be together.

I think that's why things are the way they are.

I pulled out a pair of black sweat pants a white plain Tee , and a black hoodie.

At our meetings, we had to wear all black, in case anything goes down or the Feds roll in. We'll be hard to spot.

I pulled my bread 11's over my feet and reached under my mattress for my 9MM.

Checking if it was fully loaded, I put it in my hoodie pocket, and went downstairs.

Sarah was done with dinner and setting the table.

" Hun, I have to step out for a minute, ill eat later"

Seeing her face light up a bright red I know I was in for a big lecture.

" You know what ? I'm tiered Devin, this time your not leaving, your going to eat dinner with me"

" I can't Sarah I got something important to handle right now, if you want you can wait till I get back and we can eat together, but I really have to go"

" It's always something different when you chasing the streets huh? one minute it was cause you couldn't make it to my abortion meeting , now it's times you don't make it to dinner, or times when you don't even make it home !" Sarah screamed.

Mad that she brought up the abortion, my mind lost it.

" I didn't tell you to have the abortion, you took it upon yourself to do that. I didn't want that , so I wasn't going to support that! You need to start understanding, why you eat, why you survive, why you have a roof over your head! Cause of me ! I'm chasing the streets so we could be good ! "

Walking up to me , she lifted her hand and smacked me.

" I work for all the shit I have also! You don't do this alone! Im the one making "LEGAL" money! I don't need you to cater to me! I can cater to myself! and with you gone everyday only seeing you for 1 hour , you think I was going to raise a child myself?"

Wanting to choke her I held back.

" You don't need me? Leave , Go cater to yourself"

She was shocked.

" You ain't nothing but a mommas boy! You don't know how to be a man! When you going to grow up?"

Loosing my temper.

" Bitch, I took you out the strip club, I saved you from you getting your ass beat by men when your slick ass mouth wouldn't stay closed! I'm grown! When are you going to grow up and be a women?"

" Fuck you Max, I didn't need you to do shit! I didn't ask "

" You right, I was just trying to be captain save-a-hoe, with the wrong hoe" I opened the door.

" Yea, whatever! When ever you go to ya brothers house? ask him how my pussy taste"

I turned around and walked up to her, lifting my hands, I struck her.

She fell to the floor holding her face.

I walked to the front door.

" When I come back, you better be gone, with all your shit, take the car, lets see how you going to pay it, you don't make much money sleeping around"

I slammed the door, and walked to my car.

I didn't regret smacking her, nor none of the things I said.

I opened the door, and got in.

Reaching for my keys, I pulled out my phone also.

It was 6:59

I was mad I was going to be late.